Mid-level Web QA Tester
Permanent and full-time
Are you a methodical and super-particular Web QA Tester, with 2-5 years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) across a wide range of software projects under your belt?
Are you a stickler for proper processes, but totally flexible when it comes to managing your time? If yes, you may be interested in what we have to offer.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the Digital Director, you will be conducting testing on a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
Below are some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- Testing websites for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards and design.
- Working closely with business analysts and software developers to help create functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
- Generating test cases and creating manual test scripts.
- Recording and reporting testing results to project managers.
- Experience of working in a Creative Agency
- Demonstrable experience of testing a wide range of websites, with sound understanding of test processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
- Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow based systems.
- Good understanding of HTML and using browser tools to diagnose issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies including Agile.
- A team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to self-manage to ensure projects are completed on time, and above expectations.
- Flexible, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency with tight deadlines.
Bonus points for
- Experience of testing Drupal applications.
- ISEB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
- Experience of API testing, in particular, Postman or SoapUI.
- Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
- Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
- Previous experience or knowledge of testing for website accessibility (WCAG AA level).
- Experience of automated testing using Selenium or Selenium WebDriver.
- A competitive salary, reflective of your skills and experience.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
- Training and development opportunities, including industry-relevant conference attendance.
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to Work scheme with secure bike locks (and a shower at the office!).
- The opportunity for reduced parking rates.
- Retail and gym discounts.
- Frequent social events.
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do, and have fun while they do it.
Who we are
A highly respected, international creative agency with a focus on measurable results.
Whether on or offline, we provide a full range of design and marketing services, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
And we’re pretty good at it too, having won numerous accolades in both the UK and USA, including various Recommended Agency Roster Awards, and winner of Best International Brand Strategy at the Drum Marketing Awards.
We’ve been in the business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of professionals numbering 60+. We’re proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive, with plenty of entertainment and laughter while you do it.
So, if you like the sound of us, and you have what it takes to deliver the world-class service our clients demand, please click apply today!