Technical Claims Handler – Professional Indemnity
£30K to £40K plus Excellent Benefits (Depending on Experience)
Our prestigious international legal client based in central Bristol is looking for an experienced Professional Indemnity Technical Claims Handler. The firm is friendly and supportive and spans a wide range of industry sectors with clients ranging from large multinationals to growth UK corporate firms and other professional practices, including many household names.
The Claims Handling team adjusts claims made against professionals on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre-litigated matters from first notification of loss to resolution. The claims are varied, arising out of every aspect of a professional’s practice, and as such they require a rigorous and accurate assessment of cover, liability and quantum. The team continues to manage claims that fall outside of the delegated authority as an agent of the insurer, reviewing and managing panel appointment and reporting.
Working with the Head of Claims and other team members, you will be responsible for a technical caseload of varied professional indemnity claims, ensuring the delivery of a first class claims experience to policyholders and accurate reporting to Insurers.
You will be able to identify gaps in information and investigate notifications effectively protecting the insurer and the insured’s position. You will be delivering a service that ensures that the Insured and broker are advised and guided towards the appropriate outcome. Investigation and identification of strategy to resolve matters will be essential, taking into account the cost benefit analysis and commercial background. You will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other Claims Handlers and Managers in training and coaching other team members.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- Running a full caseload of professional indemnity claims, having an accurate understanding of the delegated authority principles and reporting requirements on all matters falling outside of the delegated authority with minimal supervision, being able to make strategic decisions in Insurers’ best interests. Supporting the manager(s) in respect of supervision, identification of training need and delivery of desk-side and group training to team members.
- Ensuring that quality assurance standards are achieved and procedures are adhered to.
- Providing excellent customer service at all times, contributing to being a market leading claims function.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with all customers and suppliers to ensure defined service levels are met and exceeded.
- Understanding the importance of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators of the team and supporting managers’ ensuring adherence to these standards.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to client claims and implementing Insurers’ reserving policies, so that claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled, supported by the use of the most appropriate approved external suppliers.
- Investigation and identification of an Insured’s exposure to claims, identifying and obtaining information relevant to liability and quantum and providing guidance and assistance to the Insured in response to complaints and claims, including approving settlement offers.
- Negotiating settlement of claims within the delegated authority.
- Investigating and reporting to Insurers on policy cover and response.
- Actively managing panel solicitors as agent for Insurers, including reporting where claims fall outside the delegated authority.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the completeness, accuracy, quality and integrity of data on the case management system.
- Understanding the importance of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators of the team and ensuring adherence to these standards.
This role will be based in Bristol, and travel to the London office, may be required from time to time.
- Law degree or working towards ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualification; alternatively significant experience in claims with technical knowledge and expertise.
- Comprehensive technical claims knowledge and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients.
- Customer focused and target driven.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when under tight timescales.
- Organised and efficient, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation and legal frameworks and the importance of compliance.
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Solicitor, ACII, CILEx or equivalent with experience in private practice.
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support.
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management (internal and external).
- Previous experience of working with a case management system.
In addition to offering a very competitive salary, the firm currently offers a variety of benefits such as 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell more, Death in Service benefit, Group Personal Pension, Discretionary bonuses, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar, childcare voucher scheme, Ride to Work scheme, Gymflex, Eye Tests, Employee Assistance programme, Health screenings and Yoga to name but a few.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required and are looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>