12 Month Maternity Cover
£24,000 – £29,000
Are you a confident secretary, group PA or team coordinator looking for your next interim role? Do you have experience of diary management and 60 wpm typing speed? This may be the role for you!
A wonderful opportunity to play a key role in a busy architecture practice, you will spend your days as part of a group of coordinators providing first class support to project leaders and their associated project teams enabling them to run efficient and well organised projects.
You will play a crucial role in the complete success of the practice through teamwork, high levels of service, cost awareness and overall receptiveness. You must have at least 4 years of proven secretarial or PA experience and a knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Indesign is very much preferred!
- Diary and Inbox management
- Arranging meetings – booking venues, refreshments, equipment, following up to ensure meetings take place in a smooth manner
- Creating and formatting project-related correspondence or practice development paperwork and adhoc administrative work
- Assisting with project specific design reports using InDesign – importing images, amending text, proof-reading content
- Supporting the project leaders with team resourcing by managing holiday/absence spreadsheets
- Arranging couriers, travel, flights, hotels, car hire, trains, visas and insurance for domestic and overseas travel
- Raising purchase order requests and preparation of monthly expenses
- Any ad hoc administrative tasks as necessary, particularly to assist the organisation of the project teams
- Acting as back-up by mutually supporting other support team members. Daily liaison with Directors’ PAs, fellow TCs and other support members where appropriate
- Point of contact for the office regarding HR and finance queries (appraisals, reviews, interviews etc)
- Inducting new starters to the office, communicating company processes and making sure their start is as efficient as possible
- Proactive, with the ability to deal with issues before they arise, meeting constantly changing deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to co-ordinate numerous tasks simultaneously, and a keen eye for detail
- Uses initiative and works well without supervision, making judgment calls on behalf of project leaders
- A motivated, enthusiastic and flexible attitude, with a calm, cheerful and helpful personality and an ability to communicate at all levels
- A strong team player, working alongside and supporting other members of the support team, as well as members of the architectural teams, forging excellent relationships with all
- Punctual, with the willingness to work outside of office hours if required
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn/adapt to new software and processes quickly
- Proven team support/secretarial experience (at least 4 years)
- Diary management experience
- Educated to A-Level standard or similar
- Excellent IT skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is preferred
- Fast, accurate Touch Typing – minimum speed 60wpm
- Excellent standard of written English
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.