Structured Professional Indemnity (SPI) Paralegal
The SPI team is a specialist team sitting within our client’s Insurance group, dealing with lower value cases using a proportionate and commercial approach to fees. The team works largely on a fixed fee basis, although it has the flexibility to adopt a more bespoke hourly rates approach where necessary. The SPI service is designed to offer high quality service whilst also delivering a commercial, proportionate result, in terms of our insured client’s claims history, and a fast turnaround, minimising the time impact on our clients’ professional lives. The team receives work from various professional Indemnity insurers in the UK market, across different lines of business (including negligence claims against solicitors, surveyors and financial professionals and miscellaneous professional indemnity).
Working with the Head of SPI and other team members, you will share responsibility for shaping the development of this approach.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- Management of a large caseload of professional indemnity claims matters under supervision of the Head of SPI. These cases will mainly be defence instructions with quantum under £100,000, both pre-action and in litigation;
- Adherence to the agreed process, including diligent and consistent use of MI case management and data capture tools to produce reliable MI.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of case handling, including acknowledgment of instructions, investigation, reporting to clients, drafting letters of response / correspondence to other parties, instructing Counsel and dealing with the various steps involved in a litigated case (usually within fast track or multi-track).
- Delivering high quality and timely output to clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices.
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement, case management systems, technologies etc.
- Capturing and collating required MI in accordance with agreed practice – for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that underpin SPI and keep it client-focused
Skills and Attributes:
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective file management
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Able to prioritise and review on an on-going basis subject to the urgency of the work being received
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
- Law degree or GDL
- Previous paralegal experience
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience of using task flow, workflow or case management systems
In additional to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers the benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Discretionary bonuses
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
If you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience required for this fantastic role, then please click apply today!!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>