Senior Claims Handler
Up to £40k (depending on experience)
Our client, a progressive and commercially-oriented City legal services business based in central Bristol have just asked us to find a Senior Claims Handler to join their growing team.
Our client’s practice spans a wide range of industry sectors and is broadly split into two discrete areas: insurance and corporates. Working on both contentious and non-contentious matters, their clients range from large multinationals to growth UK corporate firms and other professional practices and include many household names.
The Claims Handling team adjusts claims made against professionals on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre-litigated matters from first notification of loss to resolution. The claims are varied, arising out of every aspect of a professional’s practice, and as such they require a rigorous and accurate assessment of cover, liability and quantum. The team continues to manage claims that fall outside of the delegated authority as an agent of the insurer, reviewing and managing panel appointment and reporting. The role demands the ability to understand and deliver service to insurers’ requirements and provide support to the relationship management of the client for the firm as a whole.
Working with the Head of Claims and other team members, you will be responsible for the day to day relationship on particular accounts with clients and stakeholders. The role requires excellent client relationship management skills alongside the ability to manage a dynamic team. Customer service skill is crucial, in order to deliver excellence in respect of the claims experience to insureds and brokers.
You will work closely with other Senior Claims Handlers providing management, supervision, training and support where required. Collaboration with the team and with clients is essential, applying coaching, training and mentoring skills that will develop team members to the best of their ability. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of excellence in customer service and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- Client relationship management, including being a point of contact for general queries arising for clients on the accounts to which you are assigned, delivering feedback and consistently aiming towards an established and collaborative working relationship with insurer clients.
- Line management, supervision, mentoring and training of team members.
- Responsible for the proactive management of the team’s files including compliance with external client’s Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of the reporting across an account and liaising with internal administration to deliver reports to Insurers as required.
- Delivering technical training, coaching and support as appropriate to the Claims Handlers.
- Ensuring consistency and excellent customer service at all times.
- Identifying trends and escalating risk information to the Head of Claims and insurers where appropriate.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with all customers and suppliers to ensure defined service levels are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that quality assurance standards are achieved, and procedures are adhered to.
- Law degree or working towards ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualification; alternatively, significant experience in claims with technical knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management (internal and external).
- Ability to prioritise effectively and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when meeting tight timescales.
- Organised and efficient, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Previous line management experience as a team leader or similar and the ability to motivate self and others.
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients.
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Previous experience of working with a case management system.
- Comprehensive technical claims knowledge and experience.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislative and legal frameworks and the importance of compliance.
In additional to offering a competitive salary of up to £40K depending on experience, the firm currently offers the benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Discretionary bonuses
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
If you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience required for this fantastic role, then please click apply today!!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.