Senior Claims Handler
Up to £45K plus Excellent Benefits (Depending on Experience)
Our prestigious legal client has just asked us to find an experienced Senior Claims Handler to join their expanding team in Bristol. The Claims Handling team adjusts claims made against professionals on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre-litigated matters from first notification of loss to resolution. The claims are varied, arising out of every aspect of a professional’s practice, and as such they require a rigorous and accurate assessment of cover, liability and quantum. The team continues to manage claims that fall outside of the delegated authority as an agent of the insurer, reviewing and managing panel appointment and reporting. The role demands the ability to understand and deliver service to insurers’ requirements and provide support to the relationship management of the client for the firm as a whole.
Working with the Head of Claims and other team members, you will be responsible for the line management of a team of claims handlers, managing resources and capacity, responsible for compliance with service levels, data accuracy and quality. In addition, you will be responsible for the day to day relationship on particular accounts with clients and stakeholders. The role requires excellent client relationship management skills alongside the ability to manage a dynamic team. Customer service skill is crucial, in order to deliver excellence in respect of the claims experience to insureds and brokers.
You will work closely with other Senior Claims Handlers providing management, supervision, training and support where required. Collaboration with the team and with clients is essential, applying coaching, training and mentoring skills that will develop team members to the best of their ability. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of excellence in customer service and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- Client relationship management, including being a point of contact for general queries arising for clients on the accounts to which you are assigned, delivering feedback and consistently aiming towards an established and collaborative working relationship with insurer clients.
- Line management, supervision, mentoring and training of team members.
- Responsible for the proactive management of the team’s files including compliance with external client’s Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for quality and integrity of the reporting across an account and liaising with internal administration to deliver reports to Insurers as required.
- Delivering technical training, coaching and support as appropriate to the Claims Handlers.
- Ensuring consistency and excellent customer service at all times.
- Identifying trends and escalating risk information to the Head of Claims and insurers where appropriate.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with all customers and suppliers to ensure defined service levels are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that quality assurance standards are achieved, and procedures are adhered to.
- Law degree or working towards ACII, CILEX or equivalent legal qualification; alternatively, significant experience in claims with technical knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management (internal and external).
- Ability to prioritise effectively and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when meeting tight timescales.
- Organised and efficient, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Previous line management experience as a team leader or similar and the ability to motivate self and others.
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients.
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Previous experience of working with a case management system.
- Comprehensive technical claims knowledge and experience.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislative and legal frameworks and the importance of compliance.
In addition to offering a very competitive salary, the firm currently offers a variety of benefits such as 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell more, Death in Service benefit, Group Personal Pension, Discretionary bonuses, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar, childcare voucher scheme, Ride to Work scheme, Gymflex, Eye Tests, Employee Assistance programme, Health screenings and Yoga to name but a few.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required and are looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>