Senior Account Manager
Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.30pm
Our client, an award-winning Digital Communications Agency set in the heart of Bristol have just asked us to find an experienced, dynamic, Senior Account Manager to join their ever-expanding team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years PR/Marketing experience in an Account Management role preferably gained within an agency. The Senior Account Manager will have a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
Senior Account manager duties:
- You will be responsible for the execution and implementation of client campaigns this will include researching and drafting copy that can be used in press releases, online, features and in social media communications channels. You will pitch stories to the media, secure and monitor coverage.
- You should monitor client sectors, topics of interest and make your team aware of issues and opportunities.
- You will liaise with clients on approval of copy and costs relating to their campaigns. You will manage your account team to ensure delivery of actions to deadline and with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- You will maintain good, clear and organised client files.
- You should be able to generate creative ideas and communicate these to your team and, as appropriate, to clients to form the basis of open discussion. You should be able to take a client brief and translate it into campaign actions. You should be able to work as part of your account team and the wider business team.
- You will have strong communication skills and be able to communicate with clients, the media and suppliers using a range of skills including telephone, face to face meetings and by email.
- You will be required to attend meetings, and report back to clients on results achieved and work in progress.
- You will be responsible for monthly reporting of actions against targets to clients and will keep up to date timesheets to track and monitor your progress. You will participate in internal update meetings and work with your account team to ensure jobs required are completed to the standard expected.
- You should be aware of colleagues’ workloads and offer support, training and mentoring when required (particularly to junior staff).
- You will participate in the company’s new business activities and take part in brainstorm sessions and attend pitches where you will be required to present basic ideas to clients.
- You will manage and develop your own contacts via ongoing networking.
- You should maintain good organisational skills and ensure that deadlines – both internal and external are adhered to and that you keep your colleagues up to date with your progress.
Essential Skills required for this role:
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to take ownership of Projects
- Organised and efficient
- Writing skills for media and business communications
- Negotiation skills
- Strong Time management skills
- People Management skills
- A good understanding of how social media aggregator platforms work
- Commercial awareness
- Online monitoring tools
- Creative/ability to generate ideas
- Presentation skills
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this fantastic Senior Account Management role, then please click apply today!