£35-40K + benefits
We are truly delighted to be working with this leading and highly successful company within the events and hospitality industry to recruit a Sales Manager with a proven track record of managing a sales team and achieving sales targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is already renowned for their exceptional customer service, quality products and reliable delivery. They have such a great reputation and already work with large, established clients who return every year; so this is all about building customer relationships as well as growing existing business by identifying further sales opportunities from new and innovative product lines already being included in the current sales strategy.
Great company culture here where everyone works together to make things happen in a cyclical business where it can be pressurised and fast paced in peaks and troughs depending on the seasonal events.
The Sales Manager oversees the majority of the Companies turnover and has significant input into influencing and implementing the Companies sales strategy. Responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing a sales plan which complements the operational capability of a seasonal business and cascading this plan to the wider sales team.
Scope of Job
- Direct Reports: 3
- Budgetary responsibility: Bristol sales revenue & purchasing budget
- Key contacts/interactions: Sales Team, London Office; Sales Director; Operations Director; Managing Director; Operational Managers; Marketing Executive; key clients and suppliers
- Deputising responsibilities: Sales Director
The responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Supporting the creation and implementation of the Company Sales Strategy by developing and delivering an annual sales plan for the Bristol sales function
- Growing company sales revenue by coaching and mentoring the Bristol Sales Team to enhance their sales and selling capability. Manage the Sales Team including recruitment, performance management and training
- Partnering with key client groups to fully understand their needs and ensure whenever possible these are met
- Contributing to the development and delivery the Company Pricing Strategy and supporting client contract negotiations
- Contributing to the development and delivery the Company Marketing Strategy working with the Marketing Executive to deliver this
- Oversee the co-ordination of the purchase of stock to ensure client orders are fulfilled
- Identifying new business opportunities and taking appropriate actions to convert leads to order
- Manage at least one customer account with spend over £0.5m
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Significant prior experience of working in a sales environment and successfully managing a sales team to achieve targets is essential
- Experience in the event and/or catering industry would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of influencing the sales strategy of a similar size business at a national level
- Ability to research, contact and acquire new clients which are relevant and profitable to the business
- Proven track record of developing strong relationships with key clients, offering excellent customer service, whilst supplying the efficient delivery of our services
- Outstanding ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Must possess the confidence to communicate and interact with individuals from all levels of the organisation and with a varying client base
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised and fast paced, seasonal environment
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.