Property Operations Manager
Salary £40-45K DOE
Car required for short journeys with mileage paid
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful family run property development and letting company based in Bristol offering you the chance to grow responsibility within an expanding business.
We are looking for a Property Operations Manager to manage a small team of builders and oversee the maintenance and planned capital improvement projects of a c. 250-unit property portfolio. The role will involve working closely with the two company Directors. Time will be split between office-based work and hands-on practical property tasks. Weekly meetings with the Directors will be held to discuss status workflow.
- Organising required maintenance/turnaround on properties inbetween new tenancies on time.
- People Management – work scheduling and checking for maintenance employees, maintenance contractors and responding to emergencies.
- Property Maintenance Management – communicating with tenants, prioritising needs, inspecting properties and project managing planned maintenance across the property portfolio.
- Property Letting Maintenance – flat inspections, managing tenancy switches and end of tenancies.
- Updating internal systems such as compliance tracker, certificates, contractor documents.
Skills and Experience required
- Construction experience (builder/foreman/surveyor)
- Building/property maintenance experience
- Management skills
- Adaptability to take on a variety of tasks
- Happy to work for a small family business
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised & reliable
- Represent the company in a respectful and professional manner when dealing with tenants, contractors, employees etc
- IT skills (Outlook/Word/basic Excel)
- Full clean driving licence
- Highly trustworthy and with solid integrity
- Ability to represent the company in a respectful and professional manner when dealing with tenants, contractors, employees etc