Process Improvement Manager
3 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary up to £25K Pro rata (Depending on experience)
Our prestigious central Bristol based legal client, has an opportunity to join one of their project teams, who are working on a Business Change Programme. The project has created a number of change and improvement initiatives from which our client is expecting to realise significant benefits throughout 2019. Following 6 months of groundwork, the team have identified a discreet element of the project which would benefit from a dedicated Process Improvement Manager, to carry out a number of specific tasks. Working under the supervision and guidance of experienced business improvement professionals, you will gain a deep understanding of our working practices and improvement methodology.
The successful Process Improvement Manager will be responsible for process mapping existing processes, which have been identified as needing improvement. You will also work with legal teams to identify further areas of improvement, document new processes & procedures, and create specifications for technology changes.
Working with the legal team, Business Consultants, IT and other team members, you will contribute towards building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the right culture, values and behaviours.
Day to day duties include:
- Working in line with an overall project plan and delivering results on time and on specification.
- Business Process Mapping of core processes. This includes diagrammatically documenting ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ processes.
- Sitting with users to understand the steps needed to complete core activities. This includes appropriately challenging user’s long-held assumptions or working practices.
- Problem solving and addressing identified areas of inconsistency and inefficiency.
- Leading or supporting small design sessions with users where problems are discussed and solutions are proposed.
- Recommending improvements to existing processes. Presenting such improvements to Senior Managers and documenting any subsequent decisions.
- Documenting new business process manuals for users.
- Creating specification documents such that new processes can be systemised.
Process Improvement Managers are expected to contribute toward the development of the team by:
- Delivering high quality and timely output to the project leads such that decisions can be made on the future design of the service and technology.
- Supporting the project leads on improvement initiatives by driving through changes where needed.
- Listening to users to understand their point of view. Where appropriate, incorporating their thoughts into the design work.
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up the team and keep it client-focused. Always thinking about the client’s view of the service.
Required skills and attributes
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
- Project management / process improvement exposure or experience
- Appreciation and understanding of some process mapping techniques such as swim-lane diagrams
- Particular interest in and aptitude for process improvement
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good knowledge and confident use of MS Visio or other process mapping tools
- Previous experience of conduct service design
- Previous experience of working in a volume business area which were dependent on process and technology
- Previous experience of writing specifications documents.
- Operations Management academic background
In addition to offering a very competitive salary, the firm currently offers a variety of benefits such as: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell more, Death in Service benefit, Group Personal Pension, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar, childcare voucher scheme to name but a few.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required and are looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.