Part time Legal Secretary – Central Bristol –
(3 days to include Mondays and Wednesdays)
up to £23,000 full time equivalent
Our client is seeking and experienced Secretary to join their Personal Injury department on a permanent part-time basis. If you have a full range of secretarial skills and experience working in a busy team this is the role for you. Any experience working in Personal Injury would be an advantage but not essential.
The role is to provide PA/Secretarial support to fee earners within the Personal Injury Department. To take responsibility for admin tasks to free up fee earners to allow them to concentrate on business creation and fee income.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Typing – audio and copy typing, involving all types correspondence. Including producing documents to the highest standard in line with the house style.
- Diary management – liaising with clients/intermediaries to arrange meetings/appointments.
- Contacting clients/intermediaries to obtain relevant information or documentation to assist fee earners to deal with enquiries.
- Building up a rapport with clients and intermediaries.
- Becoming familiar with all standard marketing material for Injury Law and gaining an overall knowledge of the other areas of legal work the client covers, to assist with referral to clients/new enquiries to the relevant department.
- Providing cover and assistance to other secretaries within the department.
- Opening new files, ensuring files are compliant and assisting with money laundering procedures to make sure client ID correctly established.
- Monitoring of e-mail inbox for fee earners who are absent from office.
- Assisting with the production of marketing material and seminar notes.
- Production of billing guides, preparing draft bills and completing all account forms to enable bills to be produced monthly.
- Liaising with other support teams
- Attendance at team/departmental meetings and (when requested) taking minutes and circulating to attendees.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
Experienced secretary with full range of secretarial skills. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines.
- Excellent typing skills essential.
- Professional telephone manner, with ability to engage with clients essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A calm, helpful & professional image.
- Other packages used: PowerPoint, Excel, Bighand dictation system & Galaxy – training can be provided.
- Familiarity with personal injury sector would be an advantage