Part-time Finance Assistant / Office Administrator
Hours: 15-20 hours across 3-4 days per week, 10am- 3pm (not Mondays).
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 per annum, pro rata, doe.
Our client is a small, independent and successful property consultancy providing project management, surveying and property development services across the UK from 3 office locations. They are now looking for a part-time finance assistant and office administrator to help support company operations.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and trustworthy with good attention to detail. You will need to have a good telephone manner, excellent spelling, and the ability to use your initiative. The role involves working alongside the Operations Director (and her lovely dog!) in a small team of four in the Bristol office. Sometimes this will mean working alone when the others are out of the office.
The role will primarily be in a Finance Assistant capacity to assist with daily, weekly and monthly Sales and Purchase ledger tasks.
These will include:
- updating cashflow
- updating fee forecast
- drafting of monthly sales invoicing
- liaison with account managers to confirm monthly fees to be invoiced
- compiling expenses for client recharge
- bank reconciliations on Xero bank feed
- reporting on month end invoicing against forecast
- invoice and accounting queries
- assisting with debt chasing
- updating various recurring costs spreadsheets
- checking and approving expenses ready for payment
- scanning director’s receipts and emailing to bookkeeper
- adding Sales and Purchase invoices and Remittances to Xero
- creating / generating reports in Xero / WorkflowMax as requested
- compiling end of year P11D information
- associated filing
The additional role will be to act as the Office Administrator and duties will include:
- Updating HR system (new starters, annual leave adjustments, adding documentation etc)
- compiling various documents
- various admin
- booking trains and hotels
- checking mobile phone accounts
- issuing timesheet and expense reminders
- ordering stationery
- making other online purchases as required
- filing – mainly electronically but some physical paper filing
- other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Business Operations Director.
- working within an accounts department
- Xero and WorkflowMax highly desirable (although training can be given)
- thorough knowledge of the usual suite of Office software essential including excellent spreadsheet ability using Excel.
- excellent knowledge, experience and understanding of working with cashflows
- ability and willingness to carry out various administrative tasks as above as well as the financial aspects of the role
- Mac experience preferable or transfer from PC to Mac
Please note there is no parking on site, metered parking is available close by or at Clifton Down Shopping Centre. Office located on bus routes with Clifton Down Station nearby.
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>