Hours 04:00 – 10:30 (26 hours/4 days a week)
Salary up to £15 per hour + free parking and benefits
Are you an experienced Cashier looking for hours to leave you free in daytime?
This role is working for a well-known wholesalers with a great team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive cash and card payments.
- Post payments against cash customers and prepare the necessary paperwork for account payments. Retain copy tickets and file. Where necessary distribute copy tickets to customers as necessary.
- Balance cash and account payments daily and prepare for the G4S collection adhering to the correct procedure. Complete all relevant paperwork.
- Organise and file copy tickets for both cash and account customers.
- Record information on outstanding cash customers on a daily basis.
- Actively chase outstanding payments where appropriate.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the computerised system.
- Resolve fully all customer queries within acceptable timescales, liasing with sales staff.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner resolving queries where possible or taking messages for other employees as appropriate.
- Maintain a close and professional relationship with customers and employees.
- Provide assistance with updating the purchase ledger and general admin duties within the Finance department.
Skills and Experience required
- A successful track record in accurately taking, allocating and balancing both cash and card and transactions.
- Sales ledger experience
- Confident communication skills
- Ability to interact easily with others both internally and externally
- High level of accuracy
- Computer literate
- Confident, self-motivatedand professional with a flexible approach to duties.
- A team player is essential.