Paralegal- Legal Support Services
Salary: Up to £28K Depending on Experience
Location: Central Bristol
Are you a confident Paralegal with a law degree or GDL? Have you worked as a Paralegal before and maybe you’ve taken the LPC? Then this may be the role for you!
Working for a modern, progressive and commercially-oriented City legal services firm you will join a central team of Paralegals in Legal Operational Support. You will be providing support assistance to a team of lawyers across a range of practice areas as well as ad hoc support to the central team.
Once you have gained necessary experience and skills, you will have the opportunity to work within different legal teams on an occasional informal internal placement basis. Subject to business need, these placements may be up to around 10 months each, with direct associate supervision, giving you a broad paralegal experience and helping to build relationships with people across the whole office.
You will receive training alongside trainees, apprentices and other pre-qualified staff and, while working in the central team, you may have the opportunity to train and mentor apprentices.
You will have the opportunity to work with talented lawyers and a wide range of clients in a fast-paced environment. Over time, you will gain exposure to a range of work types, primarily in insurance practice. Paralegal support is integral to this company’s business and they are keen to provide an environment where you can develop both your legal and business skills.
- Drafting letters and documents (both manually and via our automated services), including engagement letters, letters of claim in a subrogated recovery claim, and instructions to counsel
- Legal research and the preparation of case summaries
- Contract review, including drawing attention to clauses in proposed construction contracts that could compromise insurance cover
- Preparation of cost budgets and schedules(including reworking and categorising financial data to present to court or evaluating costs on the settlement of a claim)
- The review and compilation of client data in the preparation of exhibits for witness statements, or mediation and court bundles
- There may be opportunities to liaise with the Insured party and third party claims adjusters, as well as instructed experts
- The team are involved in both internal and external blog posts, as well as maintaining team training materials.
- Delivering high quality and timely output to internal clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement, technologies etc.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up the team and keep it client-focused
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
- Law degree or GDL
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous paralegal experience
- Experience of online document review platforms / other legal technology
- Engagement with project management / process improvement methods
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Income protection
- Discretionary bonuses
- My Family Care
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- A range of sports and clubs
Plus many more benefits!