Up to £25,000 DOE plus excellent benefits
As a Paralegal, you will be part of a central team providing process-based and ad-hoc matter support to a range of legal teams alongside other paralegals, apprentices and administrators.Once you have gained necessary experience and skills, you will have the opportunity to work within those legal teams on an occasional informal internal placement basis.Subject to business need, these placements may be up to around 10 months each, with direct associate supervision, giving you a broad paralegal experience and helping to build relationships with people across the whole office.
You will receive training alongside trainees, apprentices and other pre-qualified staff and, while working in the central team, you may have the opportunity to train and mentor apprentices.
You will have the opportunity to work with talented lawyers and a wide range of clients in a fast-paced environment. Over time, you will gain exposure to a range of work types, primarily in our insurance practice.Paralegal support is integral to our business and we are keen to provide an environment where you can develop both your legal and business skills.
We can offer experience in a range of practice areas with work coming from various legal teams (with an emphasis on insurance work such as Professional and Financial Risks, Construction, Employment and Property and Casualty). Added to this there is the potential of a placement with one of the insurance teams providing a great foundation for your legal career whatever route you have chosen.
Tasks in the central team will include but are not limited to;
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for CDD checks made by matter teams
- Liaising with the matter team to obtain information about the client and matter
- Carrying out the necessary searches, via the Internet and relevant databases (e.g. Worldcheck, Bureau van Dijk) to make a full assessment of the AML risk
- Saving all the search results
- Drafting the CDD report, cogently setting out your findings and conclusions
- Escalating matters where required to the matter team, Risk and Compliance or the MLRO
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring of on-going high risk matters
- Involvement in the development of a smooth running CDD function through innovation and the contribution of fresh ideas
Paralegals are expected to contribute to this team’s development by;
- Delivering high quality and timely output to internal clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training, process improvement etc.
- Capturing and collating required AML records and other MI in accordance with agreed practice – for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up the team and keep it client-focused
There will be opportunity for the right person to develop by taking on responsibilities such as the ownership and improvement of the core CDD processes, to work as part of an independently functioning team, as well as working closely with the Risk and Compliance team to develop a good sense of risk management.
Skills and Attributes
·Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
·Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
·Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
·Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
·Able to work in a constantly changing environment
·Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
·Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
·Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
·Must have a minimum of 1 year’s experience in a Paralegal role to be considered
·Law degree or GD
·Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
·Previous paralegal experience
·Experience of online document review platforms / other legal technology
·Engagement with project management / process improvement methods
Investing in you – our current benefits package
In additional to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers the benefits listed below. Of course, these may change from time-to-time. We will provide an interactive document for the successful candidate in our offer.
·25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
·Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
·Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
·My Family Care
·Private medical insurance (personal)
·Confidential employee assistance programme
·A range of sports and clubs
·Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
·Enhanced family leave
·Access to a range of special firm discounts
·Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
·Childcare voucher scheme
·Giving via payroll for tax-free donations to charity
A sample of internal/external networks we support
·Working Parents & Careers Network
·Diversity Role Models
·Good Recruitment Charter, REC
If you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience required, then please click apply today!!//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>