Operations Support Manager Bristol £24,000 – £30,000, negotiable, and dependent on relevant experience and ability.
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? We are currently recruiting for an Operations Support Manager for a progressive Construction and Maintenance firm, based in Bristol.
We are looking for an energetic individual to fulfil a vital role within our clients operation.
The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the management team and will be responsible for purchasing and managing specified materials for upcoming and current jobs and projects. You will manage the smooth operation of the yard ensuring deliveries are processed and directing yard operatives. You will also have responsibility for the small fleet of vehicles and be responsible for maintaining historical technician timesheets via our IT systems.
As part of a small and friendly team there will invariably be some cross over of roles within the office. You will be working alongside the small works manager, projects manager, surveyor and 3 administration staff, as well as the yard operatives.
- Materials management
- Waste management
- Fleet Management
- Maintaining existing supplier accounts
- Sourcing new suppliers
- preparing the materials (from pre-prepared lists) for new jobs
- Stock Control
- Help to ensure that company insurances are maintained and managed correctly
- Maintain a catalogue of items and manage supplier relationships
- Manage timesheets to ensure that correct start and end times are recorded for staff
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in purchasing and materials management. They will be very well organised and motivated to succeed. They will be used to working within a process driven environment. Experience of job management software and SIMPRO in particular would be advantageous. Ideally the candidate would have an understanding and familiarity with construction materials and equipment however this is not essential.
- Strong people skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels
- A proven track record in purchasing or stock management
- Experience in a supervisory or management role
- A thorough understanding of building principles and materials
- A competent user of Microsoft Office and familiar with job flow software
- Progressive and growing business, based on an established and stable foundation
- Ongoing training
- Competitive Salary
- Clothing allowance
- Free vegetable/fruit box
- Team days
- Free parking outside our premises
Working hours will be 8am – 4.30pm
Whilst we would love to respond to every candidate applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you have not been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>