£Competitive Plus Bonuses & Benefits
Our London based client, a leading industry employer in their sector, have just asked us to find an experienced Operations Manager to join their expanding South London operation. With customer sites mainly across London and the M25, the successful Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing a wide variety of construction projects whilst also responsible for the day to day running of the business including logistics, staff management, Health & Safety, Recruitment & Training, Business Development and Finance.
As an experienced Operations Manager, you will be used to dealing with a wide variety of tasks and be proactive, organised and fully conversant with construction technologies. A natural leader and a great communicator, the Operations Manager will help to develop the business through building solid, long term relationships with both new and existing clients and proactively hold all operatives to the highest of standards to ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations.
This is a great time to join our client in a challenging role that offers an opportunity for progression within this expanding business.
Day to day responsibilities include:
Site Management, Logistics and Yard Management
- Assisting clients’ senior management teams in the overall planning and supervision of projects
- Reviewing project plans with clients and ensuring the company’s programme of work fits to the project plan and variations thereto
- Having ultimate decision-making authority for site issues relating to labour, material, management and disputes (while working with Site Support Managers)
- Managing the organisation and movement of operatives from site to site as required by clients
- Having overall control of materials at client sites, ensuring surplus materials are held safely or returned to the yard
- Managing the logistics of lorries/drivers/gangs of scaffolders each day/week
- Attending site meetings with major contractors and other sub-contractors and appropriately representing the company whilst collaboratively working with other contractors to ensure the client’s project is completed as required
- Ensuring all scaffolding works are carried out under health and safety guidelines and liaising with the company’s scaffold inspection team
- Being the in-house sponsor/manager of SmartScaff Inspection system
- Ensuring any site accidents are fully reported with all documentation appropriately completed
- Ensuring all on site method statements and risk assessments are adhered to
- Managing yard operations, including recruiting and managing a yard staff.
- Establishing systems and processes to ensure the yard is effectively managed in support of drivers and scaffolders, and all equipment is properly maintained
- Managing the regular transport requirements within the company
Business Development/Relationship Management
- Identifying business development/new tender opportunities with the Chief Executive
- Nurturing relationships with existing and potential clients at all levels of their companies
- Identifying new business opportunities as appropriate in support of the Chief Executive
Recruitment and Training
- Ensuring toolbox talks are regularly carried out and are relevant to the company/operatives and ensuring all training is properly recorded
- In conjunction with the office staff, managing the company’s training matrix ensuring all training is up to date
- Identifying training and development opportunities for key operative staff in support of the advancement of their careers
- Managing all recruitment of scaffolders according to company policies
- Assisting with salary reviews
Financial and Business Management
- Ensuring projects are completed on a timely basis and within a pre-set budget
- Assisting with monthly applications for payments, month end reconciliations, costings/margin reports and end of project reconciliations
- Ensuring Scaffold Request Forms are properly completed intra month so that they easily feed into month end applications processes
- Liaising with and maintaining a good working relationship with clients, surveyors, other sub- contractor project managers as necessary to price variations/adaptions and discussing monthly applications for payment and end of project accounts
- Supporting the Site Support Managers with preparing wages schedules each week for operatives
- Participating in internal monthly management meetings
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Suitable construction industry background or professional qualification
- Significant experience working on large scale construction projects in operations management roles
- Strong knowledge of the construction/ scaffolding sector
- Strong leadership skills
- An advocate for excellence in all aspects of health and safety construction practices, and “leading from the front” with scaffolding practices
- Strong people management skills, ensuring scaffolding operatives work productively on projects helping to achieve budget targets for the project
- Strong IT knowledge and skills including Outlook 365, Word, Excel, Sage Construct
- Strong analysis skills –analysing margins/costs, labour rates and productivity per site/operative, efficiency of logistics and the yard management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to constantly seek new and improved ways to enhance business practices
- A willingness to learn new skills and tasks and share that knowledge with others in the team
- An enthusiastic and friendly team player
- Confident with a desire to achieve highly in your role and career
- Kindness, generosity of spirit, respectful of others
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, focused construction professional to join a growing and successful organisation. The Operations Manager role is offered with a very competitive salary plus generous bonuses, use of a car, healthcare and other excellent benefits.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, then please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>