OFFICE MANAGER FOR TV PRODUCTION COMPANY
SALARY UP TO £35K D.O.E.
Our client is a rapidly growing and successful TV Production Company and we are delighted to be recruiting an Office Manager to join their creative, dynamic team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role within the company. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the Office Management team to organise and execute the day to day operational requirements of their extremely busy office. This is a weighty and diverse job where things change rapidly in a pacey work environment where hours can vary according to demands.
You will be working collaboratively with the Head of Production, Talent Manager, Production Managers and Heads of Department to assess, plan and strategically decide the operational and facilities management requirements of the company.
This is a managerial role with six direct reports including administrators and runners. Reporting to the Head of Production & Operations you will be carrying out a wide range of operational tasks as well as strategic planning within the business.
– Manages the operational team
– Carries out Company Induction to all new employees
– Responsible for hiring new Administrators and Runners
– Weekly operational meetings
– Oversees workload, ensures cover as required
– Line manager – holiday approvals, sick leave, annual reviews and contracts
Health & safety
– Responsible for overseeing and updating office Health & Safety across all office bases
– Work with Head of Production regarding office insurance
– Responsible for ensuring minimum number of trained first aiders and fire wardens at all sites
– Responsible for arranging annual PAT testing, fire evaluations and fire drills
– Disaster plan
– Project management of all offices and the changing requirements for production teams
– Actively reviews, assesses and evaluates office space requirements for the business on a weekly basis
– High level view of new starters and delegates new starter/leaver process
– Works with the Head of Production to provide strategic space solutions for the business
– Office Equipment
o Responsible for the purchase/lease of office equipment including computers, printers and all office furniture
– Assess office furniture/building regularly and ensures repairs and maintenance
– Filing & systems
– Office Security
– Maintains the cost manager for the general office costs and manages the budget
– Meets monthly with finance team to reconcile costs
– Meets monthly with the Head of Production to report and discuss any areas of concern
– Works strictly to the company budget
– Raises purchase orders, codes, invoices and approves for payment
– Credit Card, Petty Cash & Office Expenses
– Responsible for the company pool car
– Maintains calendar for subscriptions
– Key point of contact for supplier accounts
– Responsible for making sure office digital and paper processes work effectively. Drives improvements as required and seeks feedback on processes to see that they meet the needs of the different requirements of the business
– Works with IT manager to ensure digital folder efficiency within business
– Responsible for keeping Operational handbook up to date.
– Manages Company Insurance documents making sure renewal deadlines are adhered too.
– Ensures Company Procedures and information stored is GDPR compliant
– Provides support to the Admin team to deliver these events, e.g. Volunteering day/office parties/Company team meetings.
The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record in an Office Management role and ideally an understanding of the TV industry and the production of TV programmes.
– You will need to maintain a consistently high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion and good judgement dealing with confidential matters.
– Promote and maintain excellent customer and public relations by dealing efficiently, effectively and politely with all matters that fall within your responsibility.
– Good knowledge of office support functions including composing correspondence, note taking and coordinating a workload of multiple projects
– Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
– Strong verbal communication with the ability to produce clear and accurate documentation
– Strong team player but with the willingness to take the necessary initiative to get the job done
– Appetite for knowledge and learning
– A sense of initiative and willingness to take on responsibility
– Proven organisational skills
– Ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
– Proven experience of providing office managerial support to a business