Role: Investment Administrator
Location: Fareham, Southampton
Salary: Up to £26K depending on experience
Are you an experienced Investment Administrator? Have you spent at least two years in financial services or a corporate environment and have strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy?
Our highly successful client has just asked us to find an experienced Investment Administrator to join their new dealer team in Fareham. The firm is a discretionary investment management company, providing investment management services and financial planning solutions to private clients.
The key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Placing trades (some are high value transactions)
- Booking trades
- Reporting trades to administrators
- Liaising with investment managers, custodians and fund administrators
- Reconciling fund positions to external counterparties
- Instructing corporate action instructions to custodian
- Using Altus for on-line cash and stock transfers
- ISA reporting and monitoring
- Processing payments, DFM and FP fees
- Setting up new securities
- Trading on external platforms
- Documenting procedures
- Be resourceful in implementing change
- Assisting in projects
The successful candidate will have:
- A general interest in the investment industry
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the financial services industry or a corporate environment
- Degree educated and numerate, preferably gained in a Maths related subject
- Attention to detail and a real focus on accuracy
- Spirited initiative and resourcefulness – Gumption!
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and flexibility to cope with ever-changing demands of the role.
- Have knowledge of dealing activities, both technical and operational, with the ability to ensure that deal flows are processed effectively
- Desire to work hard and succeed in a busy environment
- Strong team player
- Knowledge in excel, access is beneficial
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.