HR Coordinator for TV Production Company
Monday to Friday 9.30am-6pm
Our client is an award-winning TV production company with an extremely exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Coordinator to join their friendly team on a permanent basis. With a background working in HR administration, you will be a confident and capable HR Coordinator, able to hit the ground running and able to easily pick up databases, anticipate the needs and demands of an expanding business and manage a busy workload in a fast paced, ever changing environment. The role will involve working with the HR team and wider business, dealing with general HR queries, support, as well as the administration of the recruitment process, starters and leavers. This position would suit a bright, conscientious, personable candidate with an easy going but professional manner and a good sense of humour!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the first point of contact for general staffing enquiries internally and externally to the company.
- Work with Line Managers to make sure that all documentation and appropriate administrative and record keeping systems in relation to staffing are maintained and centralised in Talent and HR (including contracts and loan out documentation).
- Raising contracts and completing the onboarding process when requested by HR Manager and Talent Manager.
- Provide weekly headcount information when requested.
- Carry out staff HR inductions to include Welcome email, Eligibility to Work process, HMRC/P45 forms and making sure New starter paperwork is scanned and saved on HR Folders.
- Complete advertising and recruitment administration including posting job adverts, processing job applications and arranging interviews.
- Administer the Company’s holiday and absence system (Timetastic).
Scheduling of staff and freelancers
- Work with the Talent Manager and Production Managers to monitor and track staff schedules and accurately maintains the staff plan.
- Produce reports relevant to staff scheduling and allocation where necessary.
- Work with the Operations Support and IT team to provide updates on new starters/leavers to facilitate desk and computer arrangements.
- Support the Talent Manager and HR Manager to ensure the effective allocation of staff.
Training and development
- Source, book and administer staff and freelancer training.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with compulsory training courses (GDPR, Health & Safety courses).
- Support the Talent Manager in managing work experience schemes.
- Maintain the CV database.
- Acknowledge speculative CVs and CVs from campaigns and prepare shortlisting packs.
- Source potential available Talent using central databases, external recruitment websites and staff scheduling information.
- Assist the Talent Manager and the HR Manager in scouting for Talent and last minute staffing requests.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
Business, administration and finance
- Experience of maintaining office and administrative systems, and of suggesting improvements to existing ones where appropriate.
- Understanding of how payroll operates as a third party
- Good IT skills with experience of Excel and Word.
- Experience of report writing and ability to present data.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of TV/Production advantageous.
- Knowledge of production processes and understanding of business and staffing activity.
- Adhering to company policies and processes in relation to talent management.
- Planning and organising – able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication – adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people, either internally or remotely. Working co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Resilience – manage personal effectiveness in the face of pressure and constantly changing priorities in a fast paced environment, set backs or when dealing with sensitive situations. Demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and positive energy.
- Flexibility – adapt and work effectively with a variety of constantly changing situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Decision Making – ready and able to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of decisions. Able to demonstrate the ability to judge when referral to a more senior level is required.
- Confidentiality – understand the sensitive nature of the work of the department and act appropriately and discreetly. Able to be diplomatic and make a judgement on which information can be shared.
This is a fabulous opportunity to work in a fast-paced role in an exciting industry. The HR Coordinator role is offered with a fantastic salary of up to £25K depending on experience and some lovely benefits including 28 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, free breakfasts, staff parties and monthly bring your dog to work days! If you have the skills and experience for this role, then please click apply!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>