Graduate IT Support Analyst
c.£25K plus excellent benefits
Our client, an award-winning discretionary investment management company have just asked us to find a Graduate IT Support Analyst to join their growing team. The firm are a successful, privately owned LLP, with 4 offices in the UK, a Channel Islands regulated subsidiary and one on-shore and two off-shore fund entities. There is a great culture within the firm and they are happy to support relevant career development opportunities.
We are recruiting a Graduate IT Analyst with the view to progress them into a specialised technical area once they have built up their skills and experience. The position will be based at their Solent Office in Whiteley. The role will start off by giving the candidate exposure to various areas of IT support, while also training them on a specialised technical area through a mix of being involved in new projects and formal training. The role will report to the IT Manager, in a team of five other IT professionals.
The key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Dealing with user or customer IT related queries, including filtering, distributing and actioning IT support needs
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for CRM applications
- Exploring new technology in a specialised area, such as CRM application workflow development, robotic process automation (RPA) scripting, cloud computing solutions, business intelligence analytics (PowerBI), programmatic end user solutions (VBA, Python, shell scripting), machine learning solution development (R or Python)
- Deploying end user solutions to deliver immediate benefits
- Production of testing and end user documentation
- Liaising with third party IT suppliers to deliver solutions
- Providing hardware support
The successful candidate will be:
- Logically thinking
- Customer delivery oriented
- Driven to progress into a specialist area of financial technology
- Well organised and able to manage a busy work volume
- Has a can-do attitude
- Is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Willing to travel to our London and Bournemouth offices on occasions (20% travel)
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree, ideally in the computer sciences or a degree that contained modules with programming exposure, such as bioinformatics, engineering or economics
- Technical background with evidence of programming experience in a scripting, statistical programming, or object orientated language
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with the end users of technology
- Advanced Excel skills
- 1 year’s commercial experience in a technical support role
- Knowledge and experience of creating, deploying and documenting automated workflow solutions
- Experience of working in a financial services operational department (ideally within a wealth management context)
- Evidence of improving business process through the use of technology solutions
- Experience of user acceptance testing and writing test script
This is a fabulous opportunity for a Graduate IT Support Analyst to start their career and the role is offered with a very competitive salary of c.£25K, generous holiday allowance and benefits (pension, income protection and group life.) If you have the required knowledge and skills for this role, then please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.