c.£50K Plus Bonus & Benefits
Our client, a leading distributer, are looking for a capable, pro-active General Manager to join their family run business based in Bristol.
Are you a ‘hands-on’ General Manager with proven experience of multi-tasking? Would you relish the opportunity of joining a dynamic, fast growing business, where you could really make your mark? Are you happy to “roll your sleeves up” and get stuck in with your team? If so, then this could be the role for you.
We’re looking for an experienced General Manager who can lead the office, warehouse and core operations of our client’s business in a commanding way. The successful General Manager will take full control of day-to-day issues and deal with minutiae.
The successful candidate will need to live and breathe our client’s core values & behaviours:
Flexible- are you prepared to do day to day tasks which are not detailed in your job description? Can you quickly adapt to changes?
Always Exceed – are you happy to go above and beyond expectations for your staff, the customers and the business?
Speedy – do you enjoy a fast-paced working environment? Can you think on your feet and demonstrate a “can-do” attitude?
Teamwork – it’s all about the team. Are you a “hands-on” manager, good at spotting talent, identifying and solving problems, listening to opinions and inspiring, developing and leading your team? Do you welcome the opportunity to celebrate successes, both large and small?
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Exude positive energy at all times in order to motivate and inspire the team
• Responsible for keeping the purpose, mission and core values alive on a daily basis
• Chairing weekly management meeting with the leadership team
• Helping develop new systems/processes
• Running daily conference calls with all staff; asking probing questions and facilitating problem solving
• Make arrangements for celebrating successes; both small and large
• Chairing a weekly operations meeting
• Weekly warehouse walk to ensure standards are being maintained
• Implementing ‘Lean’ methodology to decrease waste, improve systems/processes and streamline overheads
• Resource planning
• Problem solving of day-to-day issues
• Develop clear reporting structure in the business, develop clear job descriptions and expectations for all roles
• Monthly one-to-one meetings with all non-sales staff members. Develop clear performance evaluation and reward & recognition system.
• Quarterly in-depth performance reviews with all staff
• Recruitment – develop adverts, liaise with agencies, interview candidates.
• Organise on-boarding and training of employees
• HR and Payroll documentation-employee contracts etc.
Assist with some aspects of Finance and Marketing for the business.
• Increase business function and efficiencies
• Maintain high team morale
• Control Overheads to keep them within budget
• Oversee Marketing activities to ensure they are relevant, timely and effective
• Ensure Operations run smoothly and systems function well
• Keep the Warehouse tidy and organised
• Make sure all employees have clearly defined roles, know exactly how they are performing and what they need to do to improve
• Candour – open, honest and candid at all times
• Have a successful track record of recruiting and developing staff
• Proven ability to manage people – setting clear performance standards and expectations and giving clear, consistent feedback
• Constantly evaluate, coach and build confidence in order to upgrade the team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Very good organisational and time management skills
Other key attributes:
• Proven ability to take ownership of tasks and to execute them on time
• Superb customer service
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and demeanour
• Persuasive – able to galvanise others into action
• Able to facilitate and encourage healthy debates/discussions
• A sense of humour!
• A generous salary of up to £50K plus bonus
• A host of benefits – including on-site parking and free lunch every day
• Fantastic training and personal development opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a friendly, hardworking team in a fun industry. If you have the necessary skills and experience for this great new role, then please click apply today!