Competitive salary (please apply on application) and extensive benefits package
Our client is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts, and smaller institutions. The company has grown organically and through a small number of carefully integrated acquisitions. Originally the business started out as an investment manager and has developed the financial planning side of the offering, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship. Today the company manages and advises on over £2.7 billion of client assets, acquired through a combination of organic business growth and corporate acquisitions.
The Job role
Following the recent securing of significant investment, the company is seeking an FP&A Accountant to support them as they continue to grow through organic and M&A channels. The role will report into the Financial Controller, supporting cross business functions, including the M&A team.
As the FP&A Accountant, you will have experience with preparing management information, undertaking variance analysis, and preparing commentary for the senior leadership. You will have a eye for detail, and able to interpret and analyse complex information for reporting, both internally and externally.
As a business growing through acquisition, you will support the M&A function on the Financial Due Diligence (FDD) aspects of target businesses, working with third party providers or undertaking the FDD internally. You will input into synergy adjustments and provide appropriate challenge to any assumptions used. Post- acquisition, you prepare the completion statements and reconciliation and posting in to the company financial system.
The balance between activities may vary dependent on business need and so the successful candidate will need to be comfortable with working on an agile basis, able to prioritise time and activity to support business areas with the most urgent requirements.
- Support in the preparation of the budget and 3-year forecast, including variance analysis throughout the reporting cycle
- Liaise with heads of department / stakeholders in the business to report on departmental performance and discuss variances to budget.
- Provide detailed insights into monthly performance using in house software tools and other platforms, including creating reporting dashboards.
- Assist with the integration of new business units acquired by M&A
- Support of the treasury function including cash flow forecasting and analysis, in addition to loan covenant compliance and reporting.
- Own the regulatory reporting to the FCA, and other ad hoc reporting, keeping up to date with reporting updates as required
- Support in the preparation of statutory accounts, including working with our audit and tax advisers
- Monthly / quarterly industry reporting and analysis
- Building new processes and continually improving those currently in place, adding increased automation to reports and month end processes.
- Involvement in M&A due diligence activity and other ad hoc projects
Skills and Experience Required:
- Coaching and development of junior team members Essential
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent accountancy qualification level
- B+ or above Mathematics A-Level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- High level of attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Be able to work as part of a team and work from the Whiteley office when required, with 2 days per week in the office as standard.
- First time ACA/ ACCA passes
- 2:1 or greater in a numerate Degree discipline
- Experience with acquisition accounting and consolidation
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
- Excellent Excel and analytical Able to work with and analyse large datasets
- Knowledge and use of the Microsoft Power Platform, in particular Power Query
- Financial services or wealth management industry experience
Generous remuneration package depending upon experience. 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Group Life, Income Protection and Pension. Private Medical and study assistance provided after probation, flexible benefits platform.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>