Financial Controller (UK & Europe)
Salary £50 – £70K DOE + benefits package including company bonus scheme, profit share plan, stock option plan, company pension, flexible working (remote working during Covid).
We are delighted to be recruiting for an immediate requirement for our superb client, a niche engineering design company based in Central Bristol. Their unique and innovative products save energy and improve the environment. They are a small, dynamic team with a global reach and customers include leading multinational companies in a wide range of industry sectors. The company is publicly listed with operations also in the US and are now looking for an exceptional Financial Controller to head up the financial controls for the UK and European division.
The Job Role
This role requires high technical competency. The successful candidate will have solid bookkeeping, financial reporting and IFRS knowledge. You will be reporting to a US based CFO and Group Controller.
- Monitor daily accounting transactions and approve bank payments
- Review and approve purchase orders receive from customers to ensure terms and pricing are acceptable.
- Review billings to customers prepared by your team and follow up on overdue amounts
- Review AP and Expense claims
- Prepare/review payroll data to be sent to payroll agency
- Prepare invoices for intercompany transactions
- Prepare month-end accrual entries and ensure General Ledger integrity by reviewing and reconciling GL accounts.
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Prepare commission calculations
- Prepare revenue recognition journals for long-term projects with percentage of completion.
- Complete VAT returns and HMRC required information in a timely manner
- Monitor cash flows and prepare cash flow forecast
- Prepare annual budget and forecast for the group of companies in the UK
- Monitor budget and forecast by comparing budget to actual on a monthly basis
- Provide quarterly and annual final statements and financial reporting package to the head office within the deadlines
- Take care of complex accounting and tax transactions at quarter-end and year-end, i.e. deferred tax reconciliation, etc.
- Mentor, recruit, conduct performance review for accounting staff
- Provide cross training to the accounting team to ensure knowledge continuity
- Coordinate with external auditors for the year-end audits
- Main coordinator with the auditors, the bank, suppliers, and the insurance broker.
- Improve accounting processes by implementing new process or system related to timesheet submission and inventory management
- Analyse accounting impact from new IFRS accounting guidelines and implement new accounting policies based on new requirements
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support to the business where required
Skills and Experience required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and cope with changes
- Strong analytical skills and cost accounting knowledge
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet reporting deadlines
- Knowledge of IFRS is required
- Previous experience in an accounting firm preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot table, V-Lookup function, data filter etc.)
- A Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) preferably
This role would suit an accounting professional who has qualified within a large practice and understands corporate accounting and statutory reporting with IFRS knowledge. However, for a candidate prepared to be hands on, the role offers the opportunity to become involved with all areas of the business. With the backing of a very collaborative senior management team there are a variety progression prospects for the right candidate within the overall company financial strategy.
We are actively recruiting for this position so would advise applications as soon as possible.
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>