Salary from £35K upwards depending on qualification and experience
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a really superb, prestigious wedding and events venue just outside Bristol delivering exceptional experiences for their clients.
As a Financial Controller you will be the lead finance person in the business with a team of 2, potentially expanding in the future and reporting to the Managing Director.
The role will include the preparation of timely, accurate financial information for senior management. You will lead the finance team and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the business unit, running the day-to-day activities.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise and manage financial department staff
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Report to the MD with timely and accurate financial information.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a business or finance environment.
- Hotel/Hospitality management experience is highly desirable.
- Qualified Accountant is desirable but not required.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Cash flow management.
- Pro-active, with a creative approach to relationship-building, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Experience of managing a finance department is desirable.