FINANCE ASSISTANT FOR TV PRODUCTION COMPANY
SALARY £25k – £30K DOE
ONE YEAR CONTRACT WITH VIEW TO PERMANENT
Purpose of the role:
This is a pivotal role in a fast-paced environment in a growing company. We are looking for someone with an eye for detail and the tenacity to see tasks through to resolution.
The role is to assist the Finance Team with the day to day running of the accounts system of a large and busy TV Production and Distribution Company.
- Purchase ledger- Maintain supplier data base, match purchase orders to supplier invoices, process invoices on PMI, investigate and resolve discrepancies, reconcile supplier statements and process payment lists ready for approval, set up bank payments.
- Sales Ledger – Set up new sales customers, Prepare and distribute sales invoices based on contracts, ensure all Withholding Tax certificates and documentation are delivered, Chase debt on a regular basis, and track correspondence.
- Rights Management System – Assist with the implementation of the new rights management system. Prepare quarterly distribution statements based on cash receipts ensuring that all commission percentages are up-to-date and accurate.
- Petty cash -Organise advances both GBP and foreign currency, process claims and ensure VAT correctly analysed and receipts attached prior to uploading to the accounts system.
- Credit Card AdministrationProcess- Reconcile corporate card statements and ensure VAT correctly analysed and receipts attached prior to uploading to the accounts system.
- Bank, petty cash and travel card reconciliations.
- Support the team in identifying and implementing process improvements, and training non finance staff
- Provide general support to the Accounts Team to ensure effective control – assisting in preparation of management accounts, checking VAT returns, checking sales schedules and annual audit.
– At least 2 years-experience in a finance department
– Studying for an accounting qualification (minimum AAT)
– Have a working knowledge of excel and computerised accounts packages
– Have used a wide range of software with expertise in Microsoft Office and various accounting packages
– Knowledge of the TV production or TV distribution
– Able to understand and comply with statutory guidelines
– Communicates clearly and effectively with colleagues
– Enjoys problem solving
– Interested in pursuing an accounting career in the television industry
– Meets strict deadlines
– Excellent attention to detail, is accurate and thorough, maintaining high standards of quality and due diligence
– Remains a positive team member in a department which is fast paced with constantly changing priorities
– Team player//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>