Job Role: Finance Assistant
Primary Location: Manchester
Core Working Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm. Total Hours: 28-40 hrs per week negotiable
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to join a highly successful investment management company helping to run their smart, contemporary Manchester office. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be used to using your own initiative as well as working alongside a small team.
Main Purpose of Role:
- To provide overall transactional support for the Finance function and associated projects, ensuring all administration is handled efficiently and effectively in accordance with current legislation and company guidelines.
- As one of a small number of the Manchester team you will have times working alone in the office; you will be the face of the office and will be responsible for all office administration such as opening post, taking calls and any other tasks to ensure the smooth running of the location.
- Diligent, thorough, hard-working and organised
- Able to investigate and resolve issues independently
- Take ownership of all tasks within the role
- As part of the Finance team, including your direct line manager, is based in our Solent office you will need strong team working and communication skills.
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Familiar with Excel to an intermediate level
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised; there will also be occasions where you are working alone in the serviced office.
CRM system reconciliation
- Preparing the daily reconciliations of the income in the Financial Planning CRM system to the cash receipts, including liaising with other teams within the business to investigate and correct any variances.
- Allocation of income to the appropriate ledger code.
- Manual recording and analysis of non-CRM Financial Planning commissions and fees, including obtaining commission statement and invoices for all receipts of this type.
- To ensure that all invoices & staff expense claims are checked, coded and input
- To deal with any queries relating to invoices & expenses
- To ensure that all documents are approved by the relevant authorisation level
- To prepare daily/weekly BACs/cheque payments
- Administration of direct debits and standing orders
- Maintaining supplier records on Sage
- To reconcile bank account daily
- To check, code and input all payment and receipts to Sage Line 50
- To obtain details/back up of all payments and receipts if missing
- To make bank & cheque payments as requested
- To raise, print and send out invoices monthly
- To produce invoices as required for Financial Planning clients
- To process cheques received, prepare paying-in slips and take payments to bank
- Administration of incoming standing orders
- To resolve overdue account queries through liaison with relevant parties
Provide further accounts administration and support, including the following;
- Assisting with a review of the business’s Fixed Asset Register
- Assisting in the updating of a central supplier contract database and the creation of a procurement process
- Control account reconciliations
- Manage the Finance shared mailbox and allocate tasks as appropriate
- Ad hoc analysis of expenses as and when required
- To ensure that all documents are filed correctly
If you have the relevant skills and experience necessary for this role, please click apply today!
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>