Up to £45K (Depending on experience)
Our client a very successful company working within the house building sector, are looking to recruit an experienced Finance and Office Manager to join their Bristol team. The company are looking to build upon their already successful track record and embrace technology across the business whilst broadening the type of work undertaken. It is an exciting time for the business, and we are looking for a high calibre Finance and Office Manager to make this role their own and help grow the business to its full potential. The successful Finance and Office Manager will be required to have a firm grasp of all the financial and administrative affairs of the company and report to the owners each month, in support of the General Manager.
Overview of Financial responsibilities:
- Completing financial and management accounting reports on a regular basis (via Sage 50 and Sage Construct) and providing information to managers and the directors.
- Updating forward order information for management review and updating forecasts/cashflows and other management reports in support of increasing sales.
- Preparing regular financial documents such as invoices and Applications for Payment.
- Managing payroll for staff employed by the company and reviewing payroll schedules for outsourced (scaffolding staff).
- Preparing budgets each year and reporting on budget vs actual each month.
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are completed, verifying bank deposits.
- Managing appropriate accounts payable processes, ensuring payables are appropriately reviewed and signed off ahead of payment.
- Managing the purchase order processes. Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget.
- Entering financial information into the accounting system (Sage 50 and Sage Construct); managing company ledgers, verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies.
- Managing day-to-day transactions, posting daily receipts, encoding accounting entries for data processing.
- Preparing the draft year-end accounts and co-ordinating the annual external auditors.
- Completing the year-end financial analysis as directed.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors and cash flow each month.
Overview of Office Management responsibilities:
- Transport fleet and driver administration, including managing vehicle maintenance and MOTs, installation of trackers, fuel cards and taxing.
- Managing all accreditation files, processes, renewals for scaffolding and health and safety accreditations.
- Ensuring the insurances are up to date each year and managing any claims processes.
- Health and safety administration, including issuing PPE to operatives.
- Staff, driver and scaffolding operatives’ training and record management.
- Company policies and manual management.
- Human resources records and administration.
- Supporting the operations team by preparing tenders/bid responses.
- General office management, including managing IT, telephones, lease of office, maintenance of equipment.
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, gained within the Construction and/or Scaffolding Sector.
- Experience of managing and delivering excellence in monthly financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word.
- Significant Sage 50 experience and Sage Construct (or other construction packages) experience.
- Experience in managing payroll and tax (VAT) functions.
- Strong book keeping skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Accounting/book keeping experience.
- Strong office management experience including managing HR, Payroll, Health & Safety, Logistics, Facilities Management etc
This fantastically varied Finance and Office Manager role is offered with a very competitive salary of up to £45K depending on qualifications and experience, bonus scheme, holiday and pension.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a varied and busy role, then please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>