c.£60K plus Benefits (Depending on Experience)
*Must be a qualified Quantity Surveyor with experience dealing with Scaffolding packages*
Our London based client, has just asked us to find an experienced QS/ Estimator ideally from the scaffolding sector or who is used to dealing with large main contractor scaffolding packages to join their expanding South London operation. With customer sites mainly across London and the M25, the successful QS/Estimator will primarily focus on preparing quotes and all associated tasks at tender stage for a wide variety of projects including housing, commercial, infrastructure and events.
The successful QS/Estimator will be passionate about getting involved with the business and used to dealing with a wide variety of tasks including financial reporting and management and be proactive, organised, IT savvy with an analytical approach and fully conversant with construction technologies. A great communicator with a collaborative mindset, the QS/Estimator will work in conjunction with the Operations Manager to help win and develop the business through building solid, long term relationships with clients and also champion the company’s values particularly regarding Health & Safety, by proactively holding all operatives to the highest of standards.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure quotations are correctly prepared for projects at tendering stage
- Engaging with engineers to prepare detailed and accurate quotations for tenders and adaptions as required
- Preparing quotations consistent with client plans & requirements and the company’s schedule of rates
- Preparing on site method statements and ensuring risk assessments are adhered to
- Assisting with developing a project plan for all tenders won to ensure the project is efficiently and effectively managed and resourced
- Assisting the operations team to ensure projects are set-up, managed and completed on time and within budget
- Liaise and maintain good working relationship with clients, surveyors and sub- contractors
- Attend site meetings with major contractors, collaboratively working to ensure the client’s project is completed as required
- Assisting in the overall planning and supervision of projects from a financial management viewpoint
- Assist with monthly applications for payments, month end reconciliations, costings/margin reports and end of project reconciliations
- Identify new business opportunities through building relationships with key managers, identifying opportunities and passing the leads/referrals to the business to supports company growth targets.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications required:
- Quantity Surveying qualification or equivalent
- Significant experience working as a Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator in the scaffolding industry or working on scaffolding packages for main contractors
- Strong leadership skills
- Advocate for excellence in all aspects of Health & Safety construction practices by ‘leading from the front’
- Strong Business Development skills to assist in winning new business
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook 365, MS Office Suite and Estimating software experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to constantly seek new and improved ways to enhance business practices
- A willingness to learn new skills and share knowledge with the team
- An enthusiastic and friendly team player
- A drive to succeed and develop professionally
- Kindness, generosity of spirit and respectful of others
- Keen to embrace the company values and growth aspirations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, qualified QS/Estimator with a solid scaffolding background to join an expanding business experiencing a period of sustained growth. This role is offered with a competitive salary, plus excellent benefits.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, then please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>