eDiscovery Project Manager
c.£30K depending on experience
Our client, an award-winning legal firm based in central Bristol have a fantastic new opportunity for an eDiscovery Project Manager to join their growing team.
Our client’s in-house eDiscovery and Client Data team works with a range of third-party suppliers and hosting platforms and have developed two proprietary products to deliver high quality, simply priced ECA and eDiscovery solutions to the firm’s legal teams. There is a wide range of discovery work, including cyber breach and regulatory investigations as well as the ‘normal’ eDisclosure exercises.
We are recruiting an experienced and competent eDiscovery Project Manager to join their team. Working alongside other project managers, you will provide lawyers with clear, accessible support throughout all stages of the EDRM, advising as to the most efficient and cost-effective solutions, and contributing to the development of the eDiscovery practice.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career in this fast-growing and ever-changing area of the legal sector.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- Early engagement with legal teams around eDiscovery requirements, advising on appropriate solutions and setting up suitable workspaces on hosted platforms.
- Management and manipulation of electronic documentation in accordance with client instructions
- Ongoing proactive communication with the legal team, patiently managing expectations around timing and cost, offering alternative solutions and making reasoned recommendations
- Constantly juggling multiple demands within tight timeframes, solving problems effectively under pressure,
- Troubleshooting technical issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Delivering high quality and timely output to internal and external clients
- Working on multiple eDiscovery projects of varying complexity on a range of platforms, such as Relativity and Axcelerate. (Our proprietary solutions are built on Relativity)
- Being a team player. Working with the team towards an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement, particular technologies etc.
Essential attributes, skills and experience required:
- Bright and engaged, with willingness to learn and use initiative
- Well organised, able to prioritise effectively in order to deliver against internal and external client targets and to work well under pressure
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative; creative in recognising and explaining potential solutions
- An aptitude for using and adapting technology to optimise efficiency
- A highly effective communicator – both written and oral
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the concepts of efficiency
- Flexible – in approach, working hours, and priority management
- Willingness and ability to work directly with clients
- Prior experience of managing eDiscovery projects is essential
- Practical understanding of the EDRM, discovery and review processes
- Legal or computer science degree desirable, not essential
- LPC desirable, not essential
- IT / technical proficiency
This role is offered with a competitive salary of c.£30K depending on experience and with fantastic benefits such as :25 days of annual leave with the option to buy or sell some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees),Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period), Death-in-service, Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice), Income protection, Discretionary bonuses, Private medical insurance (personal), Confidential employee assistance programme, Health screenings and Gym flex to name but a few.
If you are a seasoned eDiscovery professional and would relish a new challenge, please click apply today!!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.