£18-26K depending on experience
Our client, an award-winning legal firm based in central Bristol has a fantastic new opportunity for an eDiscovery Paralegal to join their growing team.
As an eDiscovery paralegal in the Bristol office, you will be part of a central team providing support to lawyers and teams across the firm on a range of eDiscovery-related matters, including but not limited to pre-action, Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), investigations and litigation.
Your primary responsibility will be to assist with Cyber Breach matters and DSARs and manage the related review processes. You will also support the eDiscovery project managers with their caseloads, giving you a broad range of experience in matters across the firm where eDiscovery is required and an in-depth knowledge of CPR-compliant disclosure, including Practice Direction 51U.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career in this fast-growing and ever-changing area of the legal sector, with opportunities within the eDisclosure team. We provide team members with ongoing training, from our own experts and suppliers and via external programmes to help you stay at the forefront of change. eDiscovery support is integral to our business and we are keen to provide an environment where you can develop both your technical and business understanding in a legal environment. Where required, you will also work with our central Matter Support team to provide ad-hoc assistance to legal teams alongside other paralegals and apprentices.
Your role in the team will include but is not limited to:
- Managing the analysis and review of documents for DSAR requests and Cyber breach matters in line with GDPR legislation. In order to facilitate the review, you will need to have a strong understanding of what constitutes personal data and whether an organisation is the processor or controller for the personal information for each subject.
- Management and manipulation of electronic documentation in accordance with client instructions, including working with DAT and CSV files.
- Assisting the wider eDiscovery team with all aspects of the EDRM and provide ongoing support for pre-action matters and matters requiring eDisclosure.
- Work with legal teams and stakeholders to promote best practices, and to continuously
monitor workflows to ensure they are current and appropriate.
- Ongoing proactive communication with the legal team, patiently managing expectations around timing and cost.
- Contribute to helping grow the team’s presence around the firm, both in London and Bristol.
- Management of translation and transcriptions requests from inception to completion.
- Being a team player. Working with the team towards an environment of constant improvement:
- enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement, particular technologies etc.
- General paralegal tasks with the Matter Support team.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bright and engaged; willing to learn and use own initiative
- An aptitude for using and adapting technology to optimise efficiency
- A highly effective communicator – both written and oral
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
- Confident with document review platforms and technology in general
- Previous experience in a legal review environment.
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience with cyber breaches or data subject access requests
- Experience working with databases and manipulating data to conform to the requirements of a database.
- Engagement with project management / process improvement methods
- Practical understanding of the EDRM, discovery and review processes
- Collegiality; approachability; inclusiveness and co-operation are key
- We balance autonomy, support and challenge to grow
- We are efficient and adopt a pragmatic, solution-focused approach
This role is offered with a competitive salary of £18-26K depending on experience and with fantastic benefits such as :25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees),Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period), Death-in-service, Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice), Income protection, Discretionary bonuses, Private medical insurance (personal), Confidential employee assistance programme, Health screenings, Gym flex to name but a few.
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>