eDiscovery and Client Data Manager
Fixed Term – Maternity Cover (1 year)
Up to £40K
Our client, a progressive and commercially-oriented City legal services business, provide advice to both UK and international clients. Their business spans a wide range of industry sectors and is broadly split into two discrete areas: insurance and corporates. Working on both contentious and non-contentious matters, their clients range from large multinationals to growth UK corporate firms and other professional practices and include many household names.
Our client act for a large number of international clients with interests throughout the world. They have offices in both the UK and Asia and have strong links with law firms in over 100 jurisdictions allowing them to offer a seamless service to our clients across the globe.
Our client is urgently looking for an experienced eDiscovery and Client Data Manager who is sharp-minded and process and service oriented to manage the delivery of eDiscovery services and other client data-related activities such as translation and transcription.
This is a temporary role to cover the maternity leave of the existing eDiscovery and Client Data Manager. The role represents the opportunity to maintain and develop a well-established eDiscovery practice and internal team of eDiscovery project managers and will require dedication to operational management and leadership.
The eDiscovery and Client Data team provide accessible end-to-end support throughout all stages of the EDRM, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective solution is achieved. These services are provided predominantly to litigation teams, but support is also provided for non-litigation matters such as data breaches, data subject access requests and investigations. The Temporary eDiscovery and Client Data Manager will also be required to deliver operational project work in support of operational needs and lawyer requirements.
Key role responsibilities
- Deliver high quality and timely output to internal and external clients
- Be the first escalation point for technical and legal issues arising from eDiscovery exercises and the provision of client data solutions
- Lead the existing team of eDiscovery project managers in their daily management of cases, ensuring their processes align with existing policies and workflows as well as industry best practice
- Supervise eDiscovery team members, providing training and mentoring where appropriate
- Enable internal stakeholders to work effectively with legal technology solutions
- Provide guidance on services and technical solutions that meet the needs of external and internal stakeholders
- Oversee and manage relations with third party technology providers, both from an overall perspective and throughout the lifecycle of individual projects
Essential Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience working within a similar team at a comparable level in a law firm
- Experience managing teams
- Proficiency in a range of eDiscovery technologies, particularly the Relativity platform
- Detailed understanding of the legal framework of electronic disclosure, existing protocols, practices and relevant legal standards
- Professional, credible and impactful – confident in influencing and persuading
- Well organised, and adept at managing teams, suppliers, technology and team projects
- Flexible – in approach, working hours, and priority management
- Great attention to detail and accuracy – particularly when supervising others
- An effective relationship builder – able to interact with individuals at all levels across the business
- A highly effective communicator – both written and oral. In particular, capable of articulating technical concepts effectively
- A sound knowledge of legal technology solutions and the UK eDiscovery industry
In additional to offering a very competitive salary of up to £40K depending on experience, our client currently offers the following fantastic benefits:
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Discretionary bonuses
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
If you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience required for this fantastic role, then please click apply today!!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.