Up to £25,000 DOE plus excellent benefits
An opportunity has arisen to work directly with the internal Risk and Compliance team on our Customer Due Diligence (CDD) requirements. The increasing focus on the need for strict Anti-Money Laundering controls has led us to revise our process for carrying out CDD, ensuring that objective research and the experience of our lawyers are combined to ensure compliance with the regulations, providing for escalation to legal and risk experts as appropriate.
As a CDD paralegal, you will be responsible for identifying the CDD requirements for any given matter, carrying out the requisite searches and checks against the parties involved, and reporting to the matter team. You will therefore work closely with the matter teams, Partners, the Risk and Compliance team and the MLRO to ensure the right outcome. You will gain a deep understanding of the risk factors which signal a money laundering risk and the questions that need to be answered to assess the risk of the firm being used as a money laundering tool.
Working with the Team Manager and other team members, you will also be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make it an attractive and viable alternative route to a career in law.
Tasks in the central team will include but are not limited to;
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for CDD checks made by matter teams
- Liaising with the matter team to obtain information about the client and matter
- Carrying out the necessary searches, via the Internet and relevant databases (e.g. Worldcheck, Bureau van Dijk) to make a full assessment of the AML risk
- Saving all the search results
- Drafting the CDD report, cogently setting out your findings and conclusions
- Escalating matters where required to the matter team, Risk and Compliance or the MLRO
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring of on-going high risk matters
- Involvement in the development of a smooth running CDD function through innovation and the contribution of fresh ideas
Paralegals are expected to contribute to this team’s development by;
- Delivering high quality and timely output to internal clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training, process improvement etc.
- Capturing and collating required AML records and other MI in accordance with agreed practice – for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up the team and keep it client-focused
There will be opportunity for the right person to develop by taking on responsibilities such as the ownership and improvement of the core CDD processes, to work as part of an independently functioning team, as well as working closely with the Risk and Compliance team to develop a good sense of risk management.
Skills and Attributes
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
- Must have a minimum of 1 year’s experience in a Paralegal role to be considered
- UK Law degree ,GDL or equivalent
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience of online document review platforms / other legal technology
- Engagement with project management / process improvement methods
Investing in you – our current benefits package
In additional to offering a very competitive salary, the firm currently offers the benefits listed below. Of course, these may change from time-to-time. We will provide an interactive document for the successful candidate in our offer.
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Income protection
- Discretionary bonuses
- My Family Care
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- A range of sports and clubs
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Enhanced family leave
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Eye tests
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
- Childcare voucher scheme
If you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience required for this fantastic role, then please click apply today!!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>