Corporate Development Specialist
Salary £70,000 – £85,000 doe + generous benefits package and exam support
Work from home and some office based (hybrid role)
Our client is an independently owned financial planning and discretionary investment management house with 5 offices in the UK and a Channel Islands business. It is dedicated to providing a high-quality service for private clients, trusts and smaller institutions. The business has grown organically and also through acquisitions. They have developed the financial planning side of the offering over the past 5 years, now putting this at the forefront of the client relationship.
With strong investment performance and significant recent investments in building a team of financial planners, in addition to a well invested platform and IT capabilities, the business now wishes to invest further in strategic growth and also has the aspiration of identifying and integrating several acquisitions annually. Today the company manages and advises on over £2 billion of client assets
We are seeking a candidate to work within the M&A department focusing on origination, negotiation, execution and integration of businesses as the firm seeks to take advantage of unprecedented consolidation in the wealth management industry. You will also be heavily involved in the roll-out of their Franchise model which is designed to build a readymade future acquisition pipeline.
You will work alongside the Managing Partner and Partner responsible for Acquisitions with the opportunity to become a Partner or to join as one.
You will have experience in making effective decisions through the analysis of information and have had exposure to due diligence, deal analysis, negotiation and execution.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- • Deal sourcing and liaising with brokers and introducers
- • Pitching to potential acquisitions
- • Financial modelling
- • Project management: coordinating and overseeing the life of a deal through to integration which will involve close collaboration with other teams in the business and third-party advisers
- • The successful candidate should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Investment Banking, Management Consultancy or Transactional Services. An exceptional candidate already working within the Wealth Management industry would also be considered.
- • Educated to a minimum degree level (minimum 2:1)
- • Highly numerate and have achieved at least an ‘A’ in A-Level Mathematics or have a STEM degree background
- • An excellent communicator who is also down to earth and can work well in a team
- • Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems
- • A ‘growthmindset’, i.e. an appetite for testing yourself and using past mistakes as a springboard to keep improving
- • Applied experience with Microsoft Excel is essential
- • Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines, often autonomously
- • The ability to influence business stakeholders at all organisational levels
- • The ability to form successful professional relationships both internally and externally
- • Excellent client facing skills