Compliance Assistant Manager – (Group Integrated Management Profile)
Wealth Investment Financial Services
Salary:£35-£40K + benefits
Location: Fareham, Southampton or Bournemouth office
Our client is an award winning discretionary investment management company providing investment management services and financial planning solutions to private clients. They are a highly successful, privately owned, LLP, with 5 offices in the UK, a channel islands regulated subsidiary and one on-shore and two off-shore fund entities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast moving, fast growing, dynamic and challenging culture but also one where everyone feels part of the team and where they can have fun.
Overall job purpose
To assist the Compliance Manager in ensuring that the Group establishes, monitors and continually improves upon the necessary controls to contain regulatory risk.
In the highly regulated Financial Services arena the job holder will be required to provide assistance to the Compliance Manager by advising upon the regulatory aspects of financial planning and discretionary fund management activities, deliver to schedule the Compliance Monitoring Programme and associated thematic reviews, as agreed with the Compliance Manager, and work with the Compliance Team and wider business to support profitable, but wholly compliant, business growth. The job holder must understand all areas of the business where regulation has an impact and assist the Compliance Manager in providing proactive advice and input on the appropriate regulatory principles.
The business objective for Compliance is to provide regulatory support to a business environment that operates within the regulatory requirements and also fosters a compliance culture that ensures first class operating practices leading to the delivery of best advice, and the fairest treatment for our clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the Compliance Manager in ensuring that the appropriate regulatory risk management strategies are in place.
Management of Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Under the auspices of the Compliance Manager deliver the Advisory and DFM Compliance Monitoring Programme to schedule;
- In consultation with the Compliance Manager, risk assess the relevant regulated business activities and determine the appropriate methodology for the Compliance Monitoring Reviews;
- To document and record Compliance Monitoring findings and agree findings/outcomes with the relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure that activities specified in the Compliance Diary are delivered to plan, escalating any delays to the Compliance Manager in timely manner;
- Monitor and record the documentation requirements of the Advisory and Investment Management T & C Schemes.
- To prepare and report all compliance KPIs and the Compliance Dashboard for incorporation into the quarterly compliance report and Group board meeting packs;
- To prepare compliance KPIs in relation to regulated advice and sales activity;
- To assist the Compliance Team in identifying and analysing KPI trends to ensure that all regulatory risks are adequately managed; Record and update all regulatory and data breaches, risks and issues, escalating them to the Compliance Manager as appropriate.
- Record and update all regulatory and data breaches, risks and issues, escalating them to the Compliance Manager as appropriate.
Third Party Relationships
- To act as the initial point of contact for FCA, ICO and other regulatory bodies;
- To assist the Compliance Team in the completion of regulatory applications, authorisations and the coordination of relevant regulatory returns;
- To act as the initial point of contact for the Compliance Team for all professional brokers and providers relationships;
- To act as the initial point of contact for due diligence applied to any material outsourced arrangements and act as custodian of the due diligence repository.
- The job holder will work with the Compliance Team and key internal stakeholders to ensure that compliance is achieved through internal design in all regulated sales and associated administrative procedures.
Risk & Compliance Management
- Responsibility to ensure that the business and compliance risks which affect the key accountabilities are documented along with appropriate strategies to manage them.
- Responsible for assisting the Compliance Team in ensuring that the systems of internal control operated within the company are adequate for their purpose, that the procedures through which these controls are implemented operate effectively and that these procedures are clearly documented and are compliant with all applicable regulatory/ legislative requirements.
Other Director Duties / Oversight
- Assist the Compliance Manager with ad hoc requests and projects.
Candidate Skills & Experience:
Technical Skills Required:
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory principles;
- Up to date understanding of legislative environment;
- Business acumen, negotiation and influencing skills.
Other skills Required:
- Previous compliance monitoring experience preferable;
- Previous compliance advisory experience preferable;
- Progression to Level IV qualifications
Our client is committed to ensuring that the fair treatment of clients is at the heart of everything that they do, specifically helping clients fully understand the features, benefits, risks and costs of the financial products they buy.
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying for our roles, unfortunately this is not possible due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you have not been contacted within 10 working days from the date you submitted your CV, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.