Construction Industry Subcontracting Business
Strong QS Experience Required
Based in SE London
Our client is a subcontractor with an existing impressive portfolio of clients across the High Rise and Commercial Construction sector. The new owners are seeking a highly skilled Commercial Manager with solid Quantity Surveying experience, to support the new CEO in the delivery of their substantial transformation and expansion strategy to ensure continued growth and ongoing success.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful Commercial Manager will be responsible for all commercial and bid management activities, supported by the estimating team that reports to this role.
Key Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
Business Development/Relationship Management
- Nurturing existing and potential clients at all levels.
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- Being the Bid Manager for all new project tenders.
- Being the product champion for key in-house technology tools that support the company’s success.
- Working with Contracts Managers on the preparation of monthly applications for payment.
- Building application for payment models for new projects.
- Meeting with quantity surveyors at client sites to ensure any queries on applications are quickly dealt with and remedied.
- Inputting applications information into Sage Construct and reporting on project gross profits.
- Working with the Finance Manager to prepare company cash flow forecasts.
- Monitoring equipment on hire, ensuring it is off hired when appropriate.
- Working with the Chief Executive on new contracts, reviewing commercial/legal matters such as pricing schedules, LDs, payment terms, retentions etc.
Essential qualifications, attributes and skills required:
- Ambitious, sophisticated, commercial manager and seasoned negotiator.
- Senior commercial management experience in the construction industry. Ideally a strong understanding of the commercial scaffolding, ground and formwork sectors.
- Outstanding business/commercial management skills to support ambitious expansion plans.
- Experienced in all areas of commercial management, working with clients to resolve issues as they arise.
- Must be a qualified Quantity Surveyor (MRICS), with solid experience.
- Strong technology skills – Sage Construct (or similar), Word, Excel, other construction industry software.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV with details of your current remuneration package.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>