Claims Operations Manager
Up to £50K Plus Excellent Benefits
*Must be a highly skilled, commercially minded Lawyer*
Our prestigious legal client based in central Bristol has just asked us to find an experienced Claims Operations Manager to join their expanding Claims Handling team on a permanent basis.
The Claims Handling Department provides an outsourced managed claims handling service for leading professional indemnity insurers. The team adjusts claims made against professionals on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre-litigated matters from first notification of loss to resolution. Our Claims Handling Department provides significant value to the wider firm through the provision of referrals and is an important aspect of the firm’s insurance business and future strategy.
The successful Claims Operations Manager will be a seasonLaw graduate and will be responsible for the day to day operations management of the department. This new role is intended to support the development and progression of the management team. It is to be internal only and is not client facing. You will work alongside our current Head of Claims Handling and report into the Partner with overall responsibility for the Claims Handling Department, both of whom are based in our Bristol office.
The role requires excellent people and operations management skills and the ability to manage a dynamic team. You will work closely with the Head of Claims Handling, Senior Claims Handlers and the Administration Team Leader to monitor and control the throughput of work so that claims are effectively managed and client expectations are met. We are looking for an experienced Manager who can drive performance against contractually-set client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and manage process adherence at every level of the department. You will also work with our Head of Claims Handling to devise SMART targets at an individual, team and department level.
To be successful in this role, you must live and breathe the client experience for our insurers, brokers and insureds. You should understand how to create and maintain culture, values and behaviours to galvanise a team of mixed experience, motivating them to perform and achieve for our clients.
Collaboration with the team is essential, applying coaching, training and mentoring skills that will develop team members to the best of their ability. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- Working with the Head of Claims Handling and the Senior Claims Handlers to manage all operational aspects of the department. This will include: co-ordination of resources, allocation of work and management of performance.
- Monitoring the compliance of contractual SLAs to achieve the highest possible standards of performance. This will include reviewing performance at an individual, team and department level. Where appropriate, taking corrective action to ensure performance standards are met.
- With the Head of Claims Handling, setting SMART targets for the individuals, teams and departments. Monitoring compliance with these objectives to achieve the highest possible standards of performance.
- Capacity planning to ensure that team members are effectively utilised. This will include ensuring that Claims Handlers have appropriate caseloads for their experience. Where necessary, involved in recruitment, talent management and remuneration.
- Analyse and report on KPIs in order to spot trends and develop action plans, to address issues identified in conjunction with the Head of Claims Handling.
- Line management of the Administration Team Leader and supporting the line management of the Senior Claims Handler population to build a collaborative unit able to drive high team performance. This will include the mentoring and training of managers with a range of experience – some of which might be new to management.
- Provide regular and formal feedback to line managers on performance and behaviours to be discussed with individuals in Quarterly Conversations.
- Devising and delivering an effective communication strategy.
- Support, co-ordinate and foster collaboration between our management team to ensure we are providing a quality service compliant with contractual arrangements and regulatory requirements.
Systems and Processes
- Ensuring compliance with the agreed processes and taking action when processes are not being followed.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new schemes so that they are integrated into BAU as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
- Ensuring consistency and excellent client service at all times across all levels of the team.
- Review, update and document department processes on an on-going basis as part of a programme of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for our user engagement forums to manage continuous improvement of our processes and technology. When considering change, ensuring there is a high level of engagement and collaboration across the team.
- Significant experience of managing a large operations team with leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience of building teams and developing managers.
- A good working knowledge of business outsourcing or business process operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when meeting tight timescales.
- Organised and efficient, able to co-ordinate others to deliver on specific tasks and projects.
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding performance management situations.
- Strong analytical approach and able to interpret data in a coherent way.
- Sound understanding of the importance of compliance.
- Experience of managing in an Insurance Third Party Agreement (“TPA”) claims handling operation.
- Sound commercial appreciation of systems and a good understanding of process re-engineering.
- Knowledge of and ability to document business processes.
- Experience of working in a project management environment.
- Sound understanding of relevant legislative and legal frameworks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary of up to £50K for this fantastic Claims Operations Manager role, our client currently offers the following great benefits: 25 days of annual leave with the option of buying or selling some of your entitlement Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period),Death-in-service, Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice),Income protection, Discretionary bonuses, private medical insurance (personal), confidential employee assistance programme, health screenings and Gymflex to name but a few.
If you are looking for a new challenge and are an experienced Claims Operations Manager, then please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>