Claims Handling Administrator
Due to business expansion, our client, an outstanding legal firm based in Central Bristol are looking to recruit a Claims Handling Administrator.
The Claims Handling team provides an outsourced managed claims service handling professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers. The team provides significant value to the wider firm through the provision of referrals and is an important aspect of the firm’s insurance business and future strategy.
The desire is to build the team and proactively expand the scope of its fixed fee work across claims handling schemes and books of defendant PI work, by obtaining new business and contracts, whilst also consolidating and strengthening the relationships with our existing clients.
Working with the Claims Operations Team Leader and other team members, you will be responsible for a technical and efficient delivery of service. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Claims department.
- Understand the SLA’s and KPI’s of the department and ensure adherence to these standards.
- Responsible for the proactive management of files and compliance with external client’s SLAs.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, contributing to a market leading claims function.
- Undertake administrative activities as required, including but not limited to:
- Opening new matters and inputting data into the claims management system
- Sending acknowledgements
- Conducting conflict searches
- Assisting with diary management
- Providing management information (reports)
- Ensuring that all basic administrative tasks are completed accurately and timely, i.e. filing, scanning, making / receiving telephone calls, dealing with enquiries etc.
- Dealing with financial matters, for example arranging and processing payments, dealing with billing and accounts queries, recording and updating financial information etc.
- Ensure integrity of MI
- Liaise with insurers and brokers to request full policy information
- Ensuring policies, proposal forms and schedules are properly filled
- Support the creation and maintenance of a claims handling guide for each scheme
- Support the creation and maintenance of a suitable reporting system department to utilise in relation to all schemes
- Management of centralised mailboxes
- File closure
- Timely provision of Claims Prints to Brokers/Insureds
- Other ad hoc duties which may arise.
This role will be based in Bristol, and travel to the London office may be required from time to time. Administrators in the team will report to the Claims Operations Team Leader.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with minimum C grade in Maths and English
- Able to demonstrate success in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to plan and organise
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management (internal and external)
- Ability to work on own initiative and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when under tight timescales
- IT literate with experience of having developed and maintained databases
In addition to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers a variety of benefits such as 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell more, Death in Service benefit, Group Personal Pension, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar, childcare voucher scheme to name but a few.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required and are looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.