Claims Handling Administrator
£17-23K Depending on Experience
The Claims Handling team provides an outsourced managed claims service handling professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers. The team provides significant value to the wider law firm through the provision of referrals and is an important aspect of the firm’s insurance business and future strategy.
Working with the Claims Administration Team Leader and other team members, you will be responsible for an efficient delivery of service. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied career.
- Responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Claims department.
- Understand the SLA’s and KPI’s of the department and work to these standards.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Undertake administrative activities as required, including but not limited to:
- Opening new matters and inputting data into the claims management system
- Sending acknowledgements
- Conducting conflict searches
- Providing management information (reports)
- Ensuring that all basic administrative tasks are completed accurately and timely, i.e. filing, scanning, making / receiving telephone calls, dealing with enquiries etc.
- File Closures
- Preparation and Delivery of Claims data reports to clients.
- Dealing with financial matters, for example arranging and processing payments, dealing with billing and accounts queries, recording and updating financial information etc. Ensure integrity of Management Information.
- Liaise with insurers and brokers to request full policy information
- Management of centralised mailboxes
- Other ad hoc duties which may arise.
This role will be based in Bristol, and travel to the London office may be required from time to time. Administrators in the team will report to the Claims Operations Team Leader.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with minimum C grade in Maths and English
- Able to demonstrate success in a similar role (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service
- Strong decision making skills and an ability to plan and organise
- Demonstrable experience of providing customer service
- Ability to work on own initiative and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when under tight timescales
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook)
In addition to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers a variety of benefits such as 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell more, Death in Service benefit, Group Personal Pension, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar, childcare voucher scheme to name but a few.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required and are looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>