Administration Team Leader, Claims Handling
Our prestigious legal client based in Central Bristol have just asked us to find an experienced Administration Team Leader to work in their Claims Handling Department.
The Claims Handling Department provides an outsourced managed claims service handling professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers. The team provides significant value to the wider firm through the provision of referrals and is an important aspect of the firm’s insurance business and future strategy.
The desire is to build the team and proactively expand the scope of its work across claims handling schemes and books of defendant professional indemnity work, by obtaining new business and contracts, whilst also consolidating and strengthening the relationships with our existing clients.
Working with the Head of Claims, the successful Administration Team Leader will be responsible for delivering a high quality, technology based, efficient business process administration support service to the Claims Handling Department.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
Responsibility for the work flow management and quality control of all business administration processes in the Claims Handling Department including:
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy and maintenance of Management Information and bordereaux reporting requirements both internally and externally.
- Understanding the client Service Level Agreements and the Key Performance Indicators requirements of the Claims Handling Department.
- Training and supervising the work of the team administrators to ensure quality and accuracy across the full range of services provided, including:
- Opening new matters and inputting claims data into the case management system
- Sending acknowledgements
- Managing centralised mailboxes and filing of emails
- Implementing and executing data validation and error checking processes
- Producing bordereaux reports as required
- Producing Management Information reports per firm and client requirements
- Producing, delivering and reconciling invoices
- Accurately recording financial data such as invoices, reserves and payments
- General administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying, archiving etc.
- Ensuring policies, proposal forms and schedules are properly filed
- Completing file closures.
- Line management responsibility for the administration team including performance coaching, training, one to one meetings, support and development of team members.
- Working with HR to take responsibility for recruitment in the administration team.
- Liaising with external and internal third parties where appropriate including HR, finance, Insurers and brokers.
Internal & External Management Information
- Ensuring the timely production of bordereaux, Key Performance Indicators, Conduct and Complaints reports, Claims Summaries and any other ad hoc reports that may be requested.
- Production of internal Management Information reports in order to measure accuracy and maintenance of Claims Handling data.
- Responsibility for preparing for external client audits, including audit planning, attending meetings, managing the transfer of files onto an external platform and liaising with clients, auditors and Client Services throughout the process.
- Responsibility for monitoring performance, productivity and accuracy of the administration team.
Systems and processes
- Creating and maintaining up-to-date Claims Handling Administration Process Manuals utilising appropriate version control.
- Implementing agreed change processes as needed to deliver continual service improvements.
- Contribute proactively to new service development when on boarding new clients/schemes to ensure a seamless transition and the ongoing development of systems and processes, as required.
- Familiarity with case management systems and a sound understanding of the use of technology driven processes.
This role will be based in Bristol, and travel to the London office, may be required from time to time.
- Qualification or experience of working in business administration
- Previous line management experience as a team leader or similar and the ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to plan and organise and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Customer focussed, and target driven
- Ability to prioritise effectively and adapt plans accordingly
- Previous experience of working with a case management system.
- A good working knowledge of law firm operations and pressures; understanding the need for efficient, timely, cost-effective support
- Understanding of working within a regulated environment
- Desire to develop skills in data reporting, understanding data validation and technical processes required.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers a variety of benefits such as 25 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell more, Death in Service benefit, Group Personal Pension, subsidised restaurant and coffee bar, childcare voucher scheme to name but a few.
If you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required and are looking for a fresh new challenge, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>