Claims Handler – Property & Casualty
£25-40K (depending on experience)
Our client, a modern, progressive and commercially-oriented City legal services business is looking for an experienced Claims Handler to join their team. Our client act for a large number of international clients with interests throughout the world and have offices in both the UK and Asia and as a founder-member of TerraLex – one of the world’s largest legal networks, have strong links with law firms in over 100 jurisdictions allowing them to offer a seamless service to clients across the globe.
Our Property & Casualty (P&C) team is seeking a Claims Handler to join the team in Bristol. The P&C team is part of the firm’s Insurance Group and has a well-established client base, acting for the vast majority of household and commercial property Insurers in the market. We also act for some large insureds and cover holders.
The team handles a wide variety of claims arising out of property damage, including (amongst other things) fire, water, subsidence, construction and impact damage. The role largely involves running a case load of subrogated recovery matters on behalf of a range of insurers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to run a property recovery claim from first instruction, through the pre-action stage and into proceedings when necessary. A familiarity with Civil Procedure Rules is therefore necessary.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a number of Partners and lawyers within a vibrant and growing team. The work will be varied, interesting and challenging and where you show you can run the cases successfully, you will be given autonomy to stamp your own mark on the files; there will be the opportunity to work on matters varying in value from £10,000 all the way up to millions of pounds. You will have the opportunity to get involved with business development and client initiatives, where appropriate.
- Management of a large caseload of Property Insurance claims,
- Delivering high quality and timely output to clients, ensuring high levels of client service and alignment with agreed working practices and client service level agreements
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training and induction, process improvement etc.
- Capturing and collating required Management Information in accordance with agreed practice for clients
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours for which the team is known and keep it client-focused
- You will have the opportunity to attend client events and/or travel, principally to London.
- Claims Handling experience
- Candidates should also have litigation experience; experience of Insurance is desirable but not essential.
Qualities and skills:
- A good knowledge of legal procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly
- Be able to demonstrate good initiative and problem-solving skills, but be conscious of when to consult others
- Have the ability to multi-task and able to manage upwards
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility
- A team-worker, but also strongly self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and able to remain calm under pressure
- Proactive nature and delivers results
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent team player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
In additional to offering a competitive salary of up to £40K depending on experience, the firm currently offers the benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Discretionary bonuses
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
If you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience required for this fantastic role, then please click apply today!!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>