Construction Subcontracting Business
Competitive salary package
Our client is a subcontractor with an existing impressive portfolio of clients across the High Rise and Commercial Construction sector. Already a highly successful company serving major house building and general construction contractors within Bristol and the South West Country, the new owners are seeking a General Manager for an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of their substantial transformation and expansion strategy to ensure continued growth and ongoing success.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be responsible for all business development and operational activities. In a highly client facing role, this includes revenue and profitability growth whilst ensuring projects are completed professionally, within budget and according to contract. This role would suit second tier management in Construction industry looking for the next step up in their career.
- Substantially grow the business using your current and potential connections within the construction industry, taking the business to the next level and demonstrating your expertise in creating new business opportunities.
- Have full financial accountability for delivering each year on agreed targets whilst managing client expectations for best in class delivery of projects.
- Lead and support the growth and development of all staff.
- Ensure projects are planned and managed expertly and professionally, driving excellence, the highest H&S safety standards and quality throughout the business, thus enhancing the brand as a leading company within the sector.
- Set new standards in operational excellence and drive the implementation of technology and best practices into the company.
- Overview and approve pricing of new tenders and variations of tenders won.
- Ambitious, sophisticated, commercial and seasoned negotiator
- Well-connected within the Bristol and South West construction sector.
- Senior management experience in the construction industry. Ideally a strong understanding of the commercial scaffolding, ground and formwork sectors.
- Outstanding business skills to support ambitious expansion plans.
- Inspirational leader and manager of people, supporting staff development, teamwork and a positive culture within the business.
- Quantity surveyor or estimating background beneficial.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please forward your CV with details of your current remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lucy for a confidential chat on 0117 9255988. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>