Up to £24K Depending on Experience
Our prestigious legal client based in central Bristol has just asked us to find a Customer Due Diligence Paralegal to join their expanding Risk and Compliance team. The increasing focus on the need for strict Anti-Money Laundering controls has led them to revise their process for carrying out CDD, ensuring that objective research and the experience of their lawyers, are combined to ensure compliance with the regulations, providing for escalation to legal and risk experts as appropriate.
As a CDD paralegal, you will be responsible for identifying the CDD requirements for any given matter, carrying out the requisite searches and checks against the parties involved and reporting to the Matter team. You will therefore work closely with the Matter teams, Partners, the Risk and Compliance team and the MLRO to ensure the right outcome. You will gain a deep understanding of the risk factors which signal a money laundering risk and the questions that need to be answered to assess the risk of the firm being used as a money laundering tool.
Working with the Team Manager and other team members, you will also be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make it an attractive and viable alternative route to a career in law.
Day to day duties of a CDD Paralegal include:
- Management and prompt turnaround of requests for CDD checks made by Matter teams
- Liaising with the Matter team to obtain information about the client and matter
- Carrying out the necessary searches via the Internet and relevant databases (e.g. Worldcheck, Bureau van Dijk) to make a full assessment of the AML risk
- Saving all the search results
- Drafting the CDD report, cogently setting out your findings and conclusions
- Escalating matters where required to the matter team, Risk and Compliance or the MLRO
- Assisting with the ongoing monitoring of on-going high-risk matters
- Involvement in the development of a smooth running CDD function through innovation and the contribution of fresh ideas
- Delivering high quality and timely output to internal clients, ensuring high levels of customer service and alignment with agreed working practices
- Working to develop an environment of constant improvement: enthusiastically sharing with and helping others; and taking responsibility for aspects of team development, such as intranet pages, training, process improvement etc.
- Capturing and collating required AML records and other MI in accordance with agreed practice – for performance management, client reporting, SLAs, pricing and other purposes
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the team’s service, support, processes and procedures
- Demonstrating the values and behaviours that build up the team and keep it client-focused
Essential Skills, Attributes and Experience required:
- Confident and able communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised and efficient, with good attention to detail
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated
- Collaborative and willing to turn a hand to whatever is needed to meet the team’s aims
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Able to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of the need for efficient working
- Good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Particular interest in and aptitude for AML procedures
- Experience working in CDD
- Regulatory or AML experience
- Understanding of corporate and trust structures
- Law degree, GDL or equivalent
- Previous paralegal experience
- Project management / process improvement exposure or experience
In additional to offering a competitive salary, our client currently offers the following fantastic benefits: 25 days of annual leave with the option of buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees),Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period),Death-in-service, Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice),Income protection, Discretionary bonuses, private medical insurance (personal), confidential employee assistance programme, health screenings and Gymflex to name but a few.
If you are a law graduate looking to start your legal career or have gained at least 1 year’s paralegal experience and are looking for a new challenge, then please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.
//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>