Business Engagement Manager
Fixed Term Contract until November 2022
Bristol City Centre
£29K Plus Benefits
Our Bristol City Centre based client has a fantastic new opportunity for a proactive Business Engagement Manager to join their team on a fixed term contract basis.
The main purpose of this role is to develop and maintain close working relationships with local businesses and organisations to improve the experience of visiting, living and working in the city centre. The successful Business Engagement Manager will ideally have experience gained from a B2B or public sector environment and be a skilled and confident communicator, with excellent people management skills. The successful candidate will be also be adaptable, approachable and target driven in order to drive the organisation’s strategy and core objectives.
The main role responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the organisation including their development processes, benefits and limitations.
- Understand and effectively communicate the specific benefits of the initiative to its clients and how the perceived value will vary by business sector.
- Be pro-active in building and managing relationships with current clients
- Identify and utilise effective research techniques to find and communicate with appropriate clients.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to establish both the appropriate contacts within businesses and how best to build relationships.
- Identify appropriate and effective communication channels together with the Marketing Manager that will enable contact with all sectors within the city.
- Identify and arrange contact with new businesses and organisations in the City Centre area to ensure they are aware of the initiative and its activities.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to deliver value for individuals or organisations and communicate those opportunities to the Operations Director.
- Assist in developing a series of networking and training events that will deliver benefits to clients.
- Ensure that the CRM database and distribution lists are maintained as accurately as possible to reflect current clients.
- Oversee the activities of two direct reports and ensure that they are delivering on objectives.
- Ensure staff are correctly briefed on key messages and current activities.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional, friendly and interested way to ensure the image and reputation of the initiative is maintained and enhanced.
- Collect data and manage databases as appropriate.
- Attend exhibitions and networking/ training events to promote the organisation.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the area’s tourism offer and the use of this knowledge to contribute creatively to the company’s business plan and add value to the area’s tourism industry.
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Equal Opportunity policies.
- Carry out work in accordance with current legislation and/or regulations.
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time to ensure the efficient running of the initiative.
- Be willing and able to work occasional weekends and/ or evening for specific events/ projects.
If you have the required experience and skills necessary for this lovely new role, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>