Business Development Manager (Channel Sales)
Finance Software/Saas sector
Salary £35 – £40K doe + double OTE + £6K car allowance + excellent benefits package
We have a superb opportunity for an experienced, ambitious Channel Business Development Manager to join a hugely successful international financial software company and leading provider of cloud-based ERP systems based in Bristol. The company is enjoying an exciting time of unprecedented growth and offers a great team culture with an emphasis on professional and personal development. Their new bespoke designed offices include a games zone and Bristol’s largest roof terrace. The company are also heavily involved in corporate social responsibility gifting charity days to staff, sponsoring Bristol sports and reducing carbon footprint.
Due to rapid growth, the company are now looking for a Channel Business Development Manager dedicated to help deliver the success of their partner programme. You will become the go to person for all new partner recruitment and will work closely with the Channel Manager in setting out strategies to increase engagement and success. Their channel partners are typically Top 100 accountancy practices.
The main job role is to win new business logos for the company. Working in an ambitious and fast-growing channel team, the role will report directly to the Channel Manager. The right candidate will proactively seek new business opportunities with outsourced accountancy practices and quickly develop a strong sales pipeline. The ability to hunt and develop develop strong relationships with prospect customers is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven professional with a proven track record of having achieved targets and demonstrable strong sales experience
- Win new customer (Accountancy firm) business.
- Work with the Marketing Team and other team members to develop a strong sales pipeline
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by setting appropriate expectations.
- Provide professional account management and effective handover of sales accounts to delivery teams
- Provide regular reports to the Channel Manager to keep sales pipeline and customer prospect data up to date.
- Work effectively with presales consultants to ensure efficient use and focus of resources.
- Take a proactive role in the identification of target prospects, development of key sales messages and optimisation of sales processes.
- Achieve sales figures and targets
- Provide all necessary support and assistance to the presales,marketing and technical teams.
- Ensure longterm expansion of business, taking into account current/specific market conditions.
- Support company brand management and PR development initiatives
- Monitor, report and counter competitor activity.
Qualifications and experience
- BSc/BA business administration or relevant qualification.
- Driver’s licence required.
- 5+ years proven track record of successful business development
- Previous experience in channel sales preferable.
- Previous experience working for a finance software company or in Saas desired.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to communicate and negotiate at C-suite level
- Previous experience of solution/software sales and of building a sales pipeline.
- Driven, highly motivated and passionate about sales.
- Self-motivated,organised and thorough
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with partners.
- Pro-active and can motivate others.
- Great collaborator.
- Ability to plan and execute own workload in a fast-paced environment.