Part time 3 days per week
Home Based (Must be able to commute to London once a month)
Salary: Up to £30K Pro Rata (Depending on Experience)
Our client, an independent grant funding charity, focused on supporting the use of digital technology to increase and improve UK vocational skills.
Due to recent expansion, our client has scope for a new role for a part time Board secretary to support the Board of the Trustees and governance.
Our client mainly runs the business as a virtual organisation, so the successful Board Secretary will need to have access to a place to work from either at home or another suitable location that has excellent broadband coverage and upload/download speeds, as this role requires regular attendance at virtual meetings and engagement over video conferencing.
Working closely with the Finance Director and CEO, this role supports a Board of Trustees, including taking responsibility for the organisation of all Board meetings, sub-committees and associated administration.
Responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the annual programme of Trustee meetings (Board meetings, Board webinars, committee and sub-committee meetings, Trustee away day), ensuring that Board dates are set at least 1 calendar year in advance. This includes booking the meeting rooms and ensuring there is appropriate catering and supporting tech.
- Legally compliant paperwork for Board and committee meetings: This involves the issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and taking and producing minutes (including issuing first drafts to the relevant Board members and updating with subsequent amendments) to record the business transacted at the meetings and the decisions taken.
- Support the Trustees more widely, including travel and accommodation.
- Support the Financial Director in all cosec related work, including filing of annual reports, ensuring Trustee details are up to date etc.
- Maintain the paperless Board records, maximising the usefulness of our existing paperless Board system.
- Provide administrative support for Trustee recruitment.
- Play a role in the wider team activities, including annual company events and team meetings as appropriate.
- The post holder will be required to attend all Board meetings, annual company event and approximately 4 team meetings per year, usually held in London or Bristol, but may be elsewhere.
- Experience of working at Board level, including production of accurate and detailed minutes.
- Experience of reporting to a senior team or equivalent.
- Experience of distributed/remote working
- Knowledge or experience of working in the charity sector.
Skills, knowledge & behaviours required:
- Ability to work at a senior level with a wide variety of individuals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, co-operative and diplomatic.
- Practical and rigorous with good attention to detail.
- Organised, able to plan and schedule activity, with proven ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Comfortable with remote working and being part of a virtual team.
- Collaborative and a team player – as well as motivated to work independently.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced part time Board level Secretary/PA/EA who has would like the opportunity to work from home with some occasional travel. This role is offered with a competitive salary of up to £30K pro-rata, laptop, mobile phone, paid holiday, paid expenses, medical insurance and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are interested in this lovely new Board Secretary role, please click apply today!
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CV’s we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful this time around.//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>