Bids Assistant (J8678) – Central Bristol – Permanent – up to £18,000 per annum
Our international and leading client, it looking for a talented individual to join their team! Supporting the Bids Manager and the partnership, the role is responsible for assisting the firm in winning, retaining and making profitable business, through the creation of high quality, often complex bids and proposals. This is a pivotal role within the bid team, and the wider teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To ensure the firm receives notifications for all relevant opportunities aligned to the business plan, and to record information centrally.
- Discuss with the Bids Manager all opportunities received, storing and distributing retrieved documentation.
- To record all opportunities and maintain the records throughout the process.
- Administer the bid\no bid process to conclusion, to include the arranging of meetings, creation of file numbers, diary management, minute taking.
- Request financial and profitability reports prior to Bid\No Bid meeting where required.
- Record the outcomes of the meetings and communicate as appropriate.
- To create the first template in line with the specification within brand guidelines and populating with approved information where necessary.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to retrieve relevant supporting bid information and utilise to effect.
- To perform research and retrieve news articles on targets\prospects during bids and communicate to the wider team.
- To support the bid presentation team in preparing for their interview, including liaising with the target organisation, diary management, co-ordinating rehearsals, creating presentation materials, conducting research etc.
- Manage all documentation and communication pertaining to each bid in the appropriate areas.
- Prepare weekly bid status reports and monthly statistics on aspects of bid production.
- Responsible for ensuring stored policies, insurance certificates etc are up to date and compliant, liaising with other departments where necessary
- Accountability for the return of approved accurate MI for framework agreements
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent organisational\administrative skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to manage the deadlines
- Experience of working within a professional services environment would be advantageous
- An understanding of the bidding process would be advantageous
- Excellent spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- Ability to confidently communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the business
- Ability to produce high quality drafts in line with specifications