Assistant Branch Manager
Salary: up to £32K + extensive benefits package
Our client is a world leading provider of portable storage solutions supplying sectors such as construction, retail, manufacturing and distribution.
As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will be responsible for working alongside and with the Manager, ensuring safe operation and the highest financial success for the branch. You will have strong leadership skills to create a positive environment and team.
- Responsible for creating a safety culture of high standards and safety focussed behaviours within the branch
- Act as a role model for safe behaviour and ‘lead by example’ at all times
- Use Safety Meetings, Tool Box Talks and Safety Bulletins as additional communication forums with teams to encourage a learning culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrate strong cost control mindset, balancing need to achieve short term budgets with long terms needs of the business
- Work with the Branch Manager and Yard Supervisor to ensure the branch fore fills asset management KPIs / fleet is rotated, and that repairs and maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for supporting invoicing, including sales invoices, relocations, damages and rebills
- Provide development, training and coaching to support your direct reports to improve and to drive strong performance
- Hold regular performance reviews/discussions with all direct reports to provide feedback on their individual performance.
- Help to create a culture of high customer service where the branch exceeds the expectations of the customer
- Ensure that the branch is responsive to customer feedback and makes changes, where required to drive improvement
- Proactively seek improvements to the customer experience
We are looking for an individual who has good communication and can be hands on with problem solving. Ideally, you will have experience of the hire industry; however, this is not essential as training can be provided.
- Be passionate about providing the best customer service
- Strong leadership skills and people management experience are essential
- Previous experience in a role with P&L responsibility would be beneficial
- Experience in the portable accommodation or hire industries would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated with the ability and desire to make a difference
- Honest and open with customers and colleagues at all times
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook