Fixed Term Contract– 9 months
We have just been given a new vacancy by our Bristol city centre based client. Our prestigious client, is a modern, progressive and commercially-oriented legal services business with offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
As an administrator, you will be part of a central team providing process-based and ad-hoc administrative support to a range of legal teams alongside other administrators, paralegals and apprentices. The purpose of the role is to provide increased administrative support to the wider legal teams to allow them to focus on chargeable tasks. Tasks will include file opening and closure, producing billing guides and data entry onto internal and external systems. There is also scope to support tasks such as drafting letters using automated systems and supporting with bundling for trial preparation.
Day to day duties are likely to include:
- File opening, closing and all associated processes
- System set up and data input
- Updating case management systems
- Updating time recording systems
- Updating finance logs
- Dealing with invoices
- Booking travel tickets and accommodation for the team
- Compliance with all internal and external SLAs
- General administrative support for the team
The administrator role will involve:
- Executing your tasks reliably, consistently, efficiently. Deliver work on time and in accordance with agreed objectives and client SLAs, keeping paralegals and managers updated on progress. Alert them in plenty of time if you anticipate problems meeting deadlines.
- Be clear as to your own workload and responsibilities and develop the ability to assess accurately the time needed to perform tasks. Be adaptable and willing to re-prioritise tasks when something unexpected comes up.
- Be organised and able to multi-task. Pay attention to detail and take pride in accurate work. Think ahead and alert people to issues they may not have considered.
- Ensure that relevant data and MI is collected and recorded accurately, kept up to date and reported appropriately (e.g. via excel spread sheets and bordereaux).
- Be able to explain how things are done properly, and why they are done this way. Know what standard is required for any given job or client and develop an understanding of the work of the lawyers from whom your work comes.
- Demonstrate behaviours that reflect common values, such as integrity, openness, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork and energy.
Working with others
- Maintain a positive attitude – be approachable, helpful, responsive and enthusiastic. Be flexible and ready to pitch in, especially when the team is under pressure. Play your part in any lunchtime or holiday cover requirements.
- Be known for your reliability, dependability and coolness under pressure.
- Work constructively with others to address issues; welcome suggestions from others and be open to change.
- Work with people in other departments (e.g. Reprographics, DPD) where required to get the job done well. Be willing to share your knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participate fully in team discussions and training and provide support to new joiners to help them develop too.
Technology, systems and process
- Learn to use the technology needed for your job; be keen to learn and master new systems and develop the ability to troubleshoot basic problems. As opportunities arise, look to become the team’s ‘expert user’ on firm wide or local systems and share your knowledge with the team to improve working practices. Know where to obtain additional help and support in using the system.
- Learn and understand the team’s core processes, including: matter opening (EAC-RAM processes, conflict checking, AML checks); engagement letters; data capture; billing; file closure; archiving etc. Understand how these processes fit together and their implications for each other.
- Contribute to process improvement, continually seeking to improve ways of working using process and technology.
- Keen attention to detail
- Organised and efficient
- A confident person, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated, needing little supervision
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Previous experience as an administrator
- Previous experience of data entry
- Strong customer service, telephone and client facing skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience of working in a law firm / professional services business
- Experience of case management systems
In addition to offering a competitive salary, the client currently offers fantastic benefits some of which include: 25 days of annual leave, Interest-free season ticket loan, Death-in-service, Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice), Discretionary bonuses, Wellness benefits, Private medical insurance (personal)and Confidential employee assistance programme.
Please click apply today if you have the necessary skills and experience for this fantastic role!//php the_tags( __('Tags: ','html5reset'), ', ', ''); ?>