Construction Industry Subcontracting Business
Accounting and office administration
Based in SE London
Our client is a subcontractor with an existing impressive portfolio of clients across the High Rise and Commercial Construction sector. They are seeking a highly skilled Company Accountant to support the CEO in the delivery of their substantial transformation and expansion strategy to ensure continued growth and ongoing success.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will be responsible for all company accounting and administration activities, supported by the small administration team that reports to this role.
- Completing financial and management accounting reports on a regular basis (via Sage 50) and providing information to managers and the directors.
- Preparing regular financial documents such as invoices.
- Managing payroll for staff employed by the company and reviewing payroll schedules for outsourced (scaffolding staff).
- Preparing budgets each year and reporting on budget vs actual each month.
- Completing bank reconciliations, verifying bank deposits.
- Establishing and managing appropriate accounts payable processes, ensuring payables are appropriately reviewed and signed off ahead of payment. Managing the purchase order processes. Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget.
- Entering financial information into the accounting system; managing company ledgers, verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies.
- Managing day-to-day transactions, posting daily receipts, encoding accounting entries for data processing.
- Processing and reviewing business expenses.
- Preparing the draft year-end accounts and co-ordinating the annual external audit.
- Completing the year-end financial analysis as directed.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors each month.
- Handling accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting other team members in matter relating to finance and administration.
- Managing other office administration activities as required.
- Managing company policies and manuals, and HR records and administration.
- Qualification in accounting or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Accounting/book-keeping experience in the construction sector.
- Demonstrable experience working in a small business, being hands on and fully accountable for delivering excellence in monthly financial reporting and all other financial reports (budgets, forecasts, debtor/creditor reports), and fully managing the accounting and administration functions in support of the business.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word.
- Significant Sage 50 and Sage Payroll experience.
- Experience in managing payroll and tax (VAT) functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV with details of your current remuneration package.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Whilst we would love to respond to every single applicant applying to our roles, we are unable to reply to everyone due to the high number of CVs we receive on a daily basis. Please be aware that if you haven’t been contacted within 10 working days then you have not been successful this time around.