Bristol or London (this role will require some travel)
Salary £35K – £40K + benefits
We are delighted to be recruiting a really top level Executive Assistant to support the MD for our global client with offices in Bristol and London.
Job role overview:
The MD’s Executive Assistant will comprise three core responsibilities:
- Ensure that the MD’s workload is effectively prioritized, managed, delegated and governed
- Ensure that both the London and Bristol Offices are smoothly run in the most cost-efficient way to support productivity and visitor impact.
- Own and manage specific Business functions on behalf of the MD and CFO. E.g. Insurance Portfolios; Partner and Supplier Contracts; Relationship with legal provider; QHSE Accreditations; Board packs and minutes etc.
The post will have Line Management responsibility for two staff: one in London and one in Bristol. It will be important to build a good relationship with the Project Management Team to ensure that business and administrative support to the delivery projects are optimised effectively.
As EA, you will need to engage directly with some of the organisation’s very senior clients, business partners and their staff. It will also be necessary to engage and work collaboratively with all levels of internal staff with very different backgrounds and skills. The ability to communicate effectively across this spectrum will require well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
In order to ensure that their partner, supplier and outsourced legal portfolio continues to deliver best contractual value, the EA must have commercial experience and knowledge to be able to manage delivery under those contracts and actively manage contract renewal and options. Similarly, an understanding of how QHSE Accreditations are maintained, sustained and renewed will be necessary.
You will be required to provide and present Business Data to prepare the Board packs and monthly business data to the MD and CFO. This means working effectively with all elements of the business to obtain the components data required. You will therefore need a working knowledge of Finance, Sales, Marketing, Utilisation and HR data and activities.
You will need to proactively manage the in-box and work schedule of the MD, so you should be able to demonstrate a significant amount of responsiveness, flexibility and on the spot problem-solving – this will often be remote and require the support of others within the business.
This is an exciting but demanding role during a period of significant growth for the company, so you will need to have an extremely high work ethic and be able to demonstrate personal flexibility to execute these responsibilities. At this point in the company’s growth, a can-do attitude with the ability to roll up sleeves and get stuck in is essential. The ability to work confidently and independently is also essential.
- MD Mail Processing
- MD workload Management
- Management of Company Insurance portfolio.
- QHSE Compliance and Accreditations.
- Supplier and Partner Management and Renewals
- Management and Co-ordination of Legal Retained services
- Business Plan Management and Board Secretariat
- Monthly Business Governance Secretariat
Effective Line Management of two members of staff to ensure delivery of:
Local Facilities Management and Service Provision
Visitor and Training Delegate Processing
Stationery and Provisions
Event and Training Project Venue Sourcing and preparation
Health and Safety
MD and CFO Diary Management
Delivery Project Administration and record keeping
All Travel Booking and Benefits Realisation
- Experience in an EA function in a very demanding environment.
- Demonstration of ability to manage commercial/contracts.
- Demonstration of experience in managing the QHSE Accreditation process.
- Ability to manage delivery of administrative services and facilities management through a geographically diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to effectively and strategically prioritise tasks to support business continuity and manage multiple deadlines.
- Good IT skills including proficient use of MS Office applications such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Drive and ambition.
- Conscientiousness and willingness to improve their own skill-set.
- Strong work ethic, energy and commitment.
- Flexibility and a positive can do attitude